PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a simple world?

Animapper
02-03-2010, 07:29 AM
Hi Folks,

I'm working on an animation that shows a man getting hit by an automobile and the body's response by kicking the feet out and the head hits the windshield as the body goes over the hood.

I have a car model (an audi S5) and I started this in Poser Pro 8 because the rigging for the human was much easier to deal with. If I export to LW I get all sorts of weirdness going on. This is a stupid low budget project too so I don't have many options.

The problem: I need to get this animation to have surroundings that look somewhat real. Poser has no real ability that I can figure out to create an immersive surrounding environment. The camera moves all around the car to show the impact of the car hitting the man from many angles. I can't make the ground plane look good either. Any ideas here?

Nangleator
02-03-2010, 07:44 AM
Why does it have to look real? I'd suggest a floor plane fading into white, with transparent grid walls at the curbs. Or a clay render street, so the only color is the car and victim. You can maybe collect some Sketchup street scenes for free.

Animapper
02-03-2010, 07:59 AM
Why does it have to look real? I'd suggest a floor plane fading into white, with transparent grid walls at the curbs. Or a clay render street, so the only color is the car and victim. You can maybe collect some Sketchup street scenes for free.

I can't get anything into Poser Pro. I can get the animation with alpha to composite in After Effects but because of the camera moving around the car I'm not sure how to go about this. It has to look appropriate in its setting - The client is an insurance agency and thats what they want.

smithmicro
02-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Hey! Are you using Poser 8 or Poser Pro? It's different depending on the software.

If itís Poser Pro, thereís an included Lightwave plugin that will let you animate the character in Poser Pro and then bring the animated figure into Lightwave. Lightwave treats it the Poser file as a primitive, however the keyframe animation and bending from when you created the scene in Poser Pro is preserved. You can further tweak the animation in Poser Pro, save the changes and then reload the scene in Lightwave to update it. It might help to bring the car model into Poser Pro to animate around it, then save the file with just the figure, and place it in relation to the car in Lightwave.

f youíre using Poser 8, you can export a static figure in LWO format, however that is no further bendable. Thereís a sidegrade to Poser Pro from Poser 8.

However, in either Poser Pro or Poser 8 users are creating really lush immersive scenes with the import of props like Stonemasonís city scapes and RDNAís lightdome. In Poser 8 those scenes can be rendered in global illumination with our Indirect Lighting feature.

Hope that helps.

Animapper
02-17-2010, 02:49 PM
Hey! Are you using Poser 8 or Poser Pro? It's different depending on the software.

If itís Poser Pro, thereís an included Lightwave plugin that will let you animate the character in Poser Pro and then bring the animated figure into Lightwave. Lightwave treats it the Poser file as a primitive, however the keyframe animation and bending from when you created the scene in Poser Pro is preserved. You can further tweak the animation in Poser Pro, save the changes and then reload the scene in Lightwave to update it. It might help to bring the car model into Poser Pro to animate around it, then save the file with just the figure, and place it in relation to the car in Lightwave.

f youíre using Poser 8, you can export a static figure in LWO format, however that is no further bendable. Thereís a sidegrade to Poser Pro from Poser 8.

However, in either Poser Pro or Poser 8 users are creating really lush immersive scenes with the import of props like Stonemasonís city scapes and RDNAís lightdome. In Poser 8 those scenes can be rendered in global illumination with our Indirect Lighting feature.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the response but the problem is I am using LW 64 bit and Poser only works with 32 bit right now. It would be a great thing if you folks would bring on a 64 bit version. I am using Poser Pro btw.

Regards,

Lightwolf
02-17-2010, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the response but the problem is I am using LW 64 bit and Poser only works with 32 bit right now.
You can install LW 32-bit alongside the 64-bit version on a 64-bit system.

Cheers,
Mike

Animapper
02-17-2010, 04:24 PM
You can install LW 32-bit alongside the 64-bit version on a 64-bit system.

Cheers,
Mike

True Mike, I'm aware but my scenes require the 64 bit version and I don't have everything installed in both 32/64. It's getting impractical to not work in a 64 bit environment with millions of polygons.

Thanks,

Lightwolf
02-17-2010, 04:28 PM
True Mike, I'm aware...
O.k. Oh well, I posted just in case ...

Cheers,
Mike

Mr Rid
02-18-2010, 08:48 PM
You can get quick, realistic environments by taking pictures of streets, buildings, whatever and mapping or sticky front projecting them onto simple geometry.

You can place a pic in the backdrop in Modeler (building, dumpster, mailbox) and quickly create an object corresponding to the shape, ready to map.

This is a large photo sticky FP'd except the couple of FG plants and the lamps.

These were each made in a day when quick models were needed.

There are also cheap or free urban models on Daz.
I use these texture collections- http://www.marlinstudios.com/products/st5/st5.htm
There are free textures online-
http://mayang.com/textures/
http://www.citytextures.com/

oobievision
02-19-2010, 06:49 AM
is this used for a court tape? or is it for tv/film?

LightFreeze
02-19-2010, 07:21 AM
blatant plug alert

you could always mdd it out of poser (http://www.vuescripts.com/_A/index.php?id=1,0,0,1,0,0), the scripts work in 8 and you could try the demo to check they work in Poser Pro 8. I know they work in PP7 but havent heard about PP8 yet