View Full Version : LW Bakudan smoke simulation testrender

erikals
02-03-2010, 04:48 AM
here...

www.battlestarvfx.com/forums
(register)

hrgiger
02-03-2010, 04:55 AM
Wow, I was there for 2 minutes and already saw a post on him bashing CORE.

erikals
02-03-2010, 05:00 AM
heh, yeah, get use to it, isn't the first time http://erikalstad.com/backup/anims.php_files/wink.gif

Soth
02-03-2010, 07:22 AM
He will stop when CORE will start look/feel more like LW and it will Jay and newTek guys does not have any other option... and to be honest we are getting there with every new build, do we?

prometheus
02-03-2010, 08:36 AM
well yeah..the bashing might be unpolite and will probably not gain
him a place on the newsletters..even thou this fluid stuff for me sounds as one of the more exciting things for a long time.

conducting business in a proffessional way means a lot.
However my personal opinions is standing behind him on the critics.

Michael

Intuition
02-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Wow, I was there for 2 minutes and already saw a post on him bashing CORE.

Well, Kelly has a history of bad talking things without discretion, he had some stuff on his old website that wasn't too nice about some cool people at BSG. Most people are used to him being very "opinionated" on certain subjects.

Being that way about software isn't as bad.

Bottom line is that even though he lacks any vernacular tact he is passionate about Lightwave and its capabilities and this is the forum to do so.

I say this as a Maya/modo/XSi evangelical and on top of that, even though I really like where core is heading, this Bakudan plug-in is a huge effort on his part to bring a much needed feature to classic Lightwave and will no doubt be useful to many.

So I applaud the effort. :)

I also believe that Kelly will probably end up liking Core after its in a more finalized state and can be customized to feel like Classic LW and modeler. I may be wrong about that though.

hrgiger
02-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Well, hopefully Bakudan will turn out well and give Lightwave users a better volumetrics option.

But I'm honestly just tired of the negatvity esp surrounding CORE. I guess software that is a work in progess is a pretty easy target for some.

Matt
02-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Where are the test renders? I don't see any. Well, I saw a smoke one. Is that the one you're on about?

hrgiger
02-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Yes, I only saw the one rendered image.