PDA

View Full Version : How do you organize a large project?

MCHammond
02-02-2010, 08:09 AM
Ok I have used other programs in the past so I'm no novice, but what I need to know is how should you organize your assets for use with Lightwave.

I normally create a separate file for each rig and Model and the create a link between the Rig and the Model and then Link the Rig to the Master scene file that also has all the other assets linked to it so nothing is held on the main shot scene file.

But I don't know how to link like this in Lightwave, Models are held in separate files so that parts easy each asset already has its own file.

I have created a Rig file that has Proxy Pickers and selection Sets and then created 6 models for it "the 6 characters for the scene" and a Rig Fie for the vehicle and separate model file. I now want to create a new scene for my actual shot that has all the assets linked in one place.

If I just import the scene 6 times the rigs don't work, or conflict. is there a way to dynamically link assets from one scene to another.

If not how would you go about managing this scene?

toby
02-04-2010, 02:54 AM
Unfortunately there is no way to reference rig/scene files. Except maybe Motion Mixer, I really don't know anything about it, few people do.

Could it be that you have similar names in your rigs? That would break them once they're in the same scene.