PDA

View Full Version : Hot Rod Hyundai

Chris3D
01-31-2010, 01:16 PM
Hi everyone, it's been a LONG time since I last posted, but thought you guys might get a kick out of this. I created this late last year while working for Splashlight/Joe Zeff.

Fortune Magazine wanted a cover image for an article about auto makers running scared of Hyundai. The task was to take the new Equus model and make it look mean and aggressive. The front grill lent itself to a mouth full of teeth, and the whole model started from there. Some obvious liberties were taken with the shape of the grill, but otherwise, the lines followed the shape of the car surprisingly closely.

Here's the image, the cover (which I think is still on newsstands) and a photo of the real car.

And here's a video I put together of how it was built (I wasn't asked to make a video until after it was done, so some parts are deconstructed in reverse, but otherwise, this was how it came together): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSUmu_WxAm8

I'd love to hear what you guys think.
-Chris

*Pete*
01-31-2010, 02:07 PM
well done, very well done...i love it :D

sampei
02-01-2010, 03:33 AM
very cool model :thumbsup:

probiner
02-01-2010, 04:58 AM
"Ahhh!...Booogie Man!..."
Neat model. The video is nice to watch too.

Cheers

WilliamVaughan
02-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Amazing work... I hope you continue to post your work. Did you ever post the Porsche images you worked on?

Chris3D
02-01-2010, 01:30 PM
Amazing work... I hope you continue to post your work. Did you ever post the Porsche images you worked on?

Thanks William, here's the Porsche images I worked on while at Splashlight. I think it took an entire week to import, trim down and assemble all the CAD files we got from Porsche. They strained Modeler, but Layout handled them fine.