PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions on how to highlight

firegryphon
01-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Okay so I'm not real familiar with Layout (9.6), so I want to know what the best strategy would be for an animation. I have a sphere that has some arrows and 3D text along with different colored regions of polygons. I want to highlight a specific region and show the 3D text associated with it by dimming the rest of the sphere and having the 3D text fade in over a frame or two and then fade away and switch the highlighted region and its associated text to another region. So how is this best accomplished?

Dexter2999
01-27-2010, 12:43 PM
You could do it in an editing/compositing package by applying a mask very easily.

You could make a UV map of your sphere. Open the texture and "Add Layer".Then apply an image that has the desired area highlighted using the UV map option to that secondary layer. Then you use the Envelope function on the Layer Opacity.

Or you could wait for someone to tell you how to go about it with nodes.

Good Luck

bcicio
01-27-2010, 05:05 PM
Not super experienced, myself, but I assume if you have different colored groups of polys each must be a different surface. I would use a Luminosity envelope graph in Surface Editor to "light up" each group as needed during the course of the animation.