PDA

View Full Version : RE: Content directory Is Empty

simonlion
01-27-2010, 01:40 AM
Hello Every-one.

I'm In Modeler, and when I create a Content Directory, Later I look inside that folder, and the folder Is empty. In Other Words, I dont see Objects Scenes, and other Content files.
Thank you for your helps
Simon

biliousfrog
01-27-2010, 02:20 AM
You can't create a directory in Modeler, only navigate to one. You can create a content folder as your directory path but it doesn't create the folders inside.

You can create the complete directory structure within Layout - Preferences, Paths, Create Directories.

It's really stupid as most people would start in Modeler but it's another one of those things that NewTek implimented before thinking about it and never thought to change...the left hand never knowing what the right hand is doing.

jeric_synergy
01-30-2010, 11:53 AM
?? I just use the windows file dialog to create the directories.

BeeVee
02-01-2010, 01:46 PM
If you use Directory Opus (http://www.dopus.com/) (and if you are on Windows you really should), you can add a button to create a content directory, like so:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<button backcol="none" display="both" textcol="none">
<label>Content Dir</label>
<icon1>D:\NewTek\LightWave9.6\Programs\lightwav.exe,0</icon1>
<function type="normal">
<instruction>CreateFolder {dlgstring|Choose a name for your content directory} </instruction>
<instruction>createfolder {sourcepath}\Images, {sourcepath}\Objects, {sourcepath}\Scenes </instruction>
<instruction>Go UP</instruction>
</function>
</button>

jeric_synergy
02-01-2010, 11:51 PM
If you use Directory Opus (http://www.dopus.com/) (and if you are on Windows you really should), you can add a button to create a content directory, like so:

Thanks BV, but wouldn't it be better to make an LScript that performs this function??

DirOPUS, boy, that takes me back to the Land of Amiga.....

biliousfrog
02-02-2010, 02:18 AM

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<button backcol="none" display="both" textcol="none">
<label>Content Dir</label>
<icon1>D:\NewTek\LightWave9.6\Programs\lightwav.exe,0</icon1>
<function type="normal">
<instruction>CreateFolder {dlgstring|Choose a name for your content directory} </instruction>
<instruction>createfolder {sourcepath}\Images, {sourcepath}\Objects, {sourcepath}\Scenes </instruction>
<instruction>Go UP</instruction>
</function>
</button>

Thanks Ben but isn't it really about time that Modeler and Layout had the same options to create the directories? I've mentioned it since I first found it existed, probably 8.5'ish?...Surely most people start in Modeler anyway so why was it omitted from there in the first place?...I hope that having a single app (CORE) will prevent silly things like that in future.

I just copy an empty directory that I keep in my project folder and rename it.