PDA

View Full Version : Exterior Photomatch Copter

roger1972
01-26-2010, 11:58 AM
Hi!
made this just now... just wanted to show off and maybe get som crits...

roger1972
01-26-2010, 12:00 PM
and i forgot ... here's the photo...

vpii
01-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Nice, what did you use for matching software?

Larry_g1s
01-26-2010, 06:03 PM
Nice work Roger. I like the little detail of the frosted bushes in front. Little things like that help sell.

wellsichris
01-26-2010, 06:31 PM
looks good, there's just a couple of things that I noticed

you don't have sun light on it. you can see in the photo direct sunlight on the buildings in front and behind. this would also help separate that front facing part of the building and the side. it's a warmer/light and would help with the shaping.

your shadows need to be more blue. you can see on the shadows of the front house the shadows are tented blue. add a little blue whatever you're using to do your environment light.

And the bushes. I would reference the bushes that are in the picture, center at the bottom. so you have some snow on the top and then you can see into it and on the sides.

and then if you wanted to really push it that extra little bit. paint on the back photo so you see the shadow of the building. the sun's not super bright and the shadows are long and light, and then just some piles of snow around to brake up some of the cement straight edges.

p.s. my notes are for photo real, not vizwork. anyway, for what it's worth, use them if you want. Looks good though!

roger1972
01-26-2010, 11:48 PM
looks good, there's just a couple of things that I noticed

you don't have sun light on it. you can see in the photo direct sunlight on the buildings in front and behind. this would also help separate that front facing part of the building and the side. it's a warmer/light and would help with the shaping.

your shadows need to be more blue. you can see on the shadows of the front house the shadows are tented blue. add a little blue whatever you're using to do your environment light.

And the bushes. I would reference the bushes that are in the picture, center at the bottom. so you have some snow on the top and then you can see into it and on the sides.

and then if you wanted to really push it that extra little bit. paint on the back photo so you see the shadow of the building. the sun's not super bright and the shadows are long and light, and then just some piles of snow around to brake up some of the cement straight edges.

p.s. my notes are for photo real, not vizwork. anyway, for what it's worth, use them if you want. Looks good though!

tnx.. I'll try that...

roger1972
01-26-2010, 11:50 PM
Nice, what did you use for matching software?

only LW9.6... It was a easy match, I newer use other software on images... only video, then I use Syntheyes..

-r

ingo
01-27-2010, 02:11 AM
...your shadows need to be more blue. you can see on the shadows of the front house the shadows are tented blue. add a little blue whatever you're using to do your environment light. ....

I disagree on this one. Shadows are never blueish, these are just reflection of the blue sky on reflective objects, especially white snow or stucco. Since there is no blue sky in this picture i think the color is okay. But youre right, a bit warmer sun will make this nice picture even nicer.

Iain
01-27-2010, 05:57 AM
That looks great.
I'd love to see a bigger version though.

Nangleator
01-27-2010, 07:19 AM
Beautiful work. I liked the color balance in the original better, though.

And some foot paths between the white buildings will help sell it. Love the bushes at the corner. Love how the bus stop looks better.

wellsichris
01-27-2010, 10:44 AM
ingo,

here's a section cut from the photo put next to the building. draw whatever conclusions you want. I'm not saying a lot, I'm saying if you want to match the photo there's a slightly bluer tent in the shadows of the photo.

cheers,
Chris