PDA

View Full Version : Plk To Poser Daz ?

blueshift
01-25-2010, 10:52 AM
I would like to get my feet wet trying to create content for Poser and Daz. In reading the specs on Kurv Studio's website for PLK I'm a bit confused. One line seems to suggest that models need to be imported from Poser into LW useing PLK. I would like to create models and characters from scratch in LW useing lightWave's Modeling and rigging tools then export them to Poser format I.E. CR2's. Can PLK export (write CR2 files and other files needed by Poser and Daz content). I tried clicking on SplineGod's Personal site link but that seems to be broken.

SplineGod
01-25-2010, 11:11 AM
My site is temp down while moving to another hosting service. :)
Try the KURV support forums for PLK.
Heres the feature list for PLK:
http://www.kurvstudios.com/software/plk-index.php

Ive never exported to Poser or Daz using PLK. Most of what Ive done has been do import models, textures, morphs and sometimes motions.

according to the specs on PLK it can:

In modeler:
# Export INJ Deltas
Export endomorphs to Poser's character, in Deltas, Visibility and pose files.
# Export Geometry
Export modified geometry properly as an obj file for Poser.

In Layout:
# Export To Poser
Export Poses/Animations from boned object and/or with morphs, Null object, lights and camera from layout scene to Poser pose, scene, light and camera files.

I assume this means that y ouve imported the poser skeleton before being able to export this data. This also assumes that the characters been rigged in Poser as well which is a pain to do.

safetyman
01-25-2010, 12:28 PM
What most people who create content do, is import the figure's .obj file (or export one from Poser or Daz) and use that as a base to make the model (clothes, props, etc.). After you create something in LW, you export it as an .obj, then import that model into Poser/Daz and finish it up with rigging, materials, etc. You can create the UV maps in LW, but it may be better to use something like UVMapper (free) to create them. In Poser, it's easy to create the rigs, in the case of clothes, using an existing rig for the figure you're creating it for. Then you save out a .cr2 file after you've sized/rigged it to your satisfaction. Daz has the figure setup tools, but I've never used them, so I can't say how good they are.