PDA

View Full Version : Evasion 3D - Shadow Designer for LW 9.6?

Infinite
01-24-2010, 07:07 AM
Hi guys, does anyone know if Shadow Designer works with LW 9.6 64Bit? It seems as if their website and plug-ins havent been updated for years?

I am trying to figure out a way to control any given lights shadow color on the fall off. Any ideas?

Like a way to mimic the red fall off you get from Skin from a brigh light source. So the leading edge of the shadow would be red - going to a normal dark shadow. Shadow Designer looks perfect for this, I have tried a bunch of other plug-ins and nodes but they don't work to well. It's such a shame LW lights don't have access to a texture panel or node structure :help:

Matt
01-24-2010, 07:13 AM
I wouldn't risk it, it seems they have stopped LightWave development, I could be wrong, but as you point out, it's been an awfully long time since we've seen any activity from them.

Infinite
01-24-2010, 07:26 AM
I wouldn't risk it, it seems they have stopped LightWave development, I could be wrong, but as you point out, it's been an awfully long time since we've seen any activity from them.

Thanks Matt, well I emailed them in the hope. It would be nice to find away to contrl the shadow fall off without having to use a third party app.

Cageman
01-24-2010, 07:37 AM
A friend of mine just got a 64-bit version of XDof by emailing them. He had previously bought XDof for quite some time ago and only got 32-bit version. They seem to be very supportive.

Infinite
01-24-2010, 07:43 AM
A friend of mine just got a 64-bit version of XDof by emailing them. He had previously bought XDof for quite some time ago and only got 32-bit version. They seem to be very supportive.

Thanks Cageman, after some research I found some things like that out - that they are still selling products and giving some support.

My fingers are crossed that Shadow Designer is supported, it looks like a pretty cool app either way. I am suprised Newtek never acquired the tech behind it a few years back.

Infinite
01-30-2010, 10:24 AM
I havent had a reply fromt hese guys so I would imagein they have gone bust?

What's the point in having a website and selling products if your no longer a fully functioning company?

Cageman
01-30-2010, 10:38 AM
Hmm... my friend got the x64 version of XDof last week, so they are probably alive, but have yet to get back to you, or they went bust last week. :)

Greenlaw
01-30-2010, 12:29 PM
A while back I was able to get an update for Meshpaint, so they are still listening. Hope they get back to you soon.

By the way, for soft raytrace shadows, I like the free DP Infinite light. It seems to work with everything, including FPrime and HD Instance.

Greenlaw
01-30-2010, 12:49 PM
BTW, I didn't know Evasion3D had updated their plug-ins for x64...guess I better contact them too since I own Meshpaint and ShadowDesigner. (To be honest, I haven't actually used ShadowDesigner in several years, but I may as well update it if it still works.)

Edit: I just submitted my request. Let you know if they answer, though I'm not expecting to hear from them till Monday at earliest.

Infinite
02-01-2010, 07:16 AM
BTW, I didn't know Evasion3D had updated their plug-ins for x64...guess I better contact them too since I own Meshpaint and ShadowDesigner. (To be honest, I haven't actually used ShadowDesigner in several years, but I may as well update it if it still works.)

Edit: I just submitted my request. Let you know if they answer, though I'm not expecting to hear from them till Monday at earliest.

Great thanks, i would love to know. There plug-ins used to be ace when in active development.

I will check out DP Infinite light. Denis is a legend :)

I have emailed them directly through 2 seperate email addresses and using their online form. Nothing.....:cursin: