PDA

View Full Version : Viper not working..

Katherine001
01-21-2010, 11:22 AM
For some reason Viper is not rendering. What might be the reason.
I'm using Lightwave 9.6, running on Windows XP, with Service pack 2, 64 bit version of everything. It has worked before on this machine, so I don't think it's the video card.
Must be some little thing. But what?

--Katherine

SplineGod
01-21-2010, 03:32 PM
Is it not working at all or some surfaces arent sh owing up?
Viper doesnt work with UV maps

Dexter2999
01-21-2010, 03:39 PM
Why is "Enable Viper" and "VIPER" are two separate buttons that aren't even next to each other? I mean if you hit F7 shouldn't that just enable it automaticaly?

I'll admit there may be a reason (that eludes me at the moment) for it to be a two step process. However, the logical separation of the functions into catagories "Options" and "Utilites" doesn't lend itself to being user friendly.

toby
01-22-2010, 10:21 PM
For some reason Viper is not rendering. What might be the reason.
I'm using Lightwave 9.6, running on Windows XP, with Service pack 2, 64 bit version of everything. It has worked before on this machine, so I don't think it's the video card.
Must be some little thing. But what?

--Katherine
Make sure you've opened your surface editor or HV panel first, it needs to know what you're previewing.

Why is "Enable Viper" and "VIPER" are two separate buttons that aren't even next to each other? I mean if you hit F7 shouldn't that just enable it automaticaly?

I'll admit there may be a reason (that eludes me at the moment) for it to be a two step process. However, the logical separation of the functions into catagories "Options" and "Utilites" doesn't lend itself to being user friendly.
This is why they're separate :

:screwy:

Katherine001
01-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Thanks for you help. In the end I just rebooted and it worked, but I will keep your tips in mind for the future.

BeeVee
01-25-2010, 03:42 PM
VIPER is context sensitive - if you are working with Hypervoxels, that is what it will show, same for surfaces or volumetric lights and several other things, but if you don't have any of the "context" panels open, then VIPER won't know what to display, so if you want to see surfaces, open the Surface Editor first, then VIPER...

B