PDA

View Full Version : Car Modelling Tutorial Help

autumnite
09-05-2003, 12:35 AM
Hi all,

I'm new in lightwave, and I'm following the tutorial for the car modelling (this page in particular)

http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/tutorials/modeling/car/index1.html

I am facing problem with the Extender Part (EXTENDER! Switch to point mode ctrl+g, select all points outside the fender and hit extender now we have created a new row of polgons that makes the fender more defined.Instead of moving points manually were taking it the easy way, select stretch, hold ctrl and from the center of the wheel (marked red) drag sideways,this positions our points to its proper location.And once again from the red mark below strech it upward to meet the fenders profile.Why holding ctrl? well it locks to the axis you wanted to move to.)

I can't seem to get ot right, cause i don't really understand whats going on and i'm not sure whehter what i am doing is right..can someone help?

Lewis
09-05-2003, 08:12 PM
Hi !

Are you know how "extender" tool works in general ?

It's tricky tool and when you hit "extender" button first itme it apears like nothing happend but it's happend a LOT :). You get whole new row of selected points conected to ones you copyed. But problem is that htey are on same place so you can't see that until you hit move botton and move thos enew ones from old ones. Then you will se differnece 'coz you will have whole new row of polys.

Also LW's native extender tool is kinda messy sometime 'coz you need to folow few rules (select point sin order and not randomly and always select whole circle or you get one extra unnede polygon) but you can use other extender plugins wich are free and works better in some situations.

toby
09-06-2003, 01:56 AM
Lewis is being extremely modest - He's made the the best car tutorial that you will ever see, 62 step-bystep chapters and hundreds of full size images. And it's back online at:

http://www.lwg3d.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14554

Don't waste your time on anything else, go learn from the master -