PDA

View Full Version : Lightning

~DD~Apocalypse
09-04-2003, 03:00 PM
How would i make lightning?
my idea, for my new sig...
2 electronodes shocking Earth with sumthing coming out that looks like it's blowing up, that sounds cool eh?
Apocalypse =)

munky
09-05-2003, 11:30 AM
For lightning fx I use footage of plasma discharges and then I clip map them onto flat plates so they are part of the 3d environment. You can get an after fx filter that does lightning. Or as jack says paint a sequence in photoshop.

regards

paul

~DD~Apocalypse
09-05-2003, 02:04 PM
still picture... ummm... electric coming out of a node?
yaknow a node like tose evil science movies like Buahahhahaah
Buzzzzzzz the switch is flipped.. yaknow like that.

munky
09-06-2003, 06:02 AM
this sort of stuff?

regards

paul

~DD~Apocalypse
09-06-2003, 08:49 PM
bingo

~DD~Apocalypse
09-06-2003, 10:41 PM
.... *electic sounds*

what....

UnCommonGrafx
09-06-2003, 11:14 PM
~DD~Apocalypse,
Learn to learn. Your time in life is so precious and make sure you go outside between these lw binges.

:rolleyes:
- ALWAYS do a search in the archives for these kinds of things: you can get an assortment of responses to the question, most giving you insight into what you are after. In this instance, another good thing to look for is "2pt or 2 point poly chains". These provide the basis for lots of fine object creation -- lightning being one of them. FI's tools are great for this...
- http://flay.com. This is utterly indispensable in your daily (at first for the glee you will feel) and weekly jaunts through your LW bookmarks. Flay is the place to look for things of a "I wish it were a plugin" nature. :rolleyes:
- Go to some of the Tute sites and download, download, download... so that while your outside, at the doctors, trying to tell yourself you are bored, you won't have the chance to be as you'll always be learning something. There are some absolutely amazing sites out there that offer you insight as how to best take advantage of lightwave from the user side...
- Plugin developers use the tools, too. Very cool as you can talk to lots of them if you go to the right places. Learn where they are, sit, listen, don't be a smart arse.
- Learn to program lscript and on.
Enjoy. My, that was long. Hope it's worth it.

jds580s
09-07-2003, 06:40 PM
FI's_XYDrift
http://www2.ocn.ne.jp/~fis_junk/plugin-page.html

Easy to use and works great.

Justin