PDA

View Full Version : motion mixer question

mikechen6996
01-18-2010, 12:23 AM
Hi,I want to export motion mixer files into another actor,like this81196,can lw export all of this motion mixer file?

Tom Wood
01-18-2010, 03:22 PM
Hi Mike,

I'm a light user of motionmixer so my advice may not be the best. I have a lot of characters that are essentially clones of the same basic model. Each of my scenes contains just one character/actor.

So when I want to use motionmixer with a new character, I use Replace>Object to replace the character/actor with the new one. This only works if the character/actors have the same parts and motion channels.

Cageman
01-18-2010, 03:28 PM
In the motion Menu dropdown (to the left where it says Copy Motion in your screenshot), you can use Save Motion.

When you later load the motions onto another Actor you will get a warning that x number of actor items are not present and a question if you want to remap those. Hit yes, and you will be able to remap to the new character.

EDIT:

You will not be able to export the timing of the different clips as they are positioned within MotionMixer. If that is what you want, Tom Woods advice is the only way to do that (to my knowledge at least). I'm currently using MotionMixer alot at work. :)

Cageman
01-18-2010, 03:32 PM
Just thought about it...

What you can do is to bake your entire timeline to keyframes (bake from MotionMixer to the character). You can then take that and turn it into a single MotionMixer file.

mikechen6996
01-26-2010, 01:15 AM
thanks!

replace is ok for same actor,and bake i cant to modify motion.

i find a way to output motion,lw's lws file can edit by txt,so i can copy the txt about "{ AddMotion MotionActor "a" ... EndPlugin" file to other lws scenes,it can work,Hope that can be a little bit