PDA

View Full Version : how can I best output to DVD ?

rednova
01-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Dear Lightwave friends:

OK, I rendered my lightwave anims. I put them together in ulead studio and make a complete mpg file. I load in windows media player and I'm able to play while maximizing the screen.
How can I best output my movie to DVD ?
What I want : To have the complete movie in DVD so that I can stick the
DVD in a DVD player and play the movie like any other DVD movie is.
How can I take my complete mpg movie and record to regular DVD ?

Thank you !!!

rednova

cresshead
01-17-2010, 05:53 PM
1. beg, borrow, hire, buy any mac and use iDVD which is free on every newish mac.
2.buy/try adoobe encore
http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/encore/

rednova
01-17-2010, 06:06 PM
Dear friend Cresshead:

Good News !!! One of my friends has a brand new mac !!!
So it is very probable she might have the iDVD included, I will check it out with her. Thanks !!!

@Cresshead
Is there by any chance a new video toaster can also do this (output to DVD)
?
reason is one of my friends has a complete video toaster system (the latest and also complete).
Pls answer, and thank you !!!

rednova

OnlineRender
01-18-2010, 02:13 AM
video convert software from avi - Vob for example , I use adobe preimer to export my files ,direct to dvd , takes a little render time , but quality seems to stay accurate .

JBT27
01-18-2010, 02:32 AM
I'm not sure if the Adobe tryout versions limit you in some way, but if you download Premiere CS4, you'll also get the Adobe Media Encoder (I think), which is very nice for ..... err ..... encoding!

But check, 'cause I may have that wrong, on being able to use it for 30 days without limit .....

Julian.

biliousfrog
01-18-2010, 04:02 AM
There are sooo many options, some are more complex than others. I tend to use Premiere's export to Encore feature as I rarely need menus and it just burns my Premiere file direct to DVD. I have also used free/bundled apps such as Nero and I'm fairly sure that Media Player can export to DVD too...there's also Windows DVD maker (in Windows 7 and possibly Vista)...then there's all the freeware applications....

cresshead
01-18-2010, 06:28 AM
Dear friend Cresshead:

Good News !!! One of my friends has a brand new mac !!!
So it is very probable she might have the iDVD included, I will check it out with her. Thanks !!!

@Cresshead

rednova

every new mac has idvd so if i were you l'd visit my 'friend' and make e'm a cuppa/6pak/wine for the exchange of a idvd session! :beerchug::jam::D

not the best of free tutorials but gives you an idea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzywhfHPrVY

if you want chapter markers then throw it into imovie and add markers then throw it into idvd afterward and the markers will come with the new vid

SBowie
01-18-2010, 07:23 AM
Is there by any chance a new video toaster can also do this (output to DVD)
VT includes ULead's DVD Workshop, which is a nice little DVD authoring package. It is limited to SD though.

Etch
01-18-2010, 05:25 PM
Check out DVDStyler: http://www.dvdstyler.de/

I checked out a few reviews online and it supposed to be pretty simple and effective. Free too!