PDA

View Full Version : Ha i knew it!

Stooch
01-16-2010, 04:38 PM
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=452101&GT1=28103

thats right. Hurt Locker takes the cake. it was also on the top of my list, good to see it get the credit it deserves.

by the way, there is a fantastic swedish vampire movie called:

Let The Right One In.

it is going to be remade for the US market and probably ruined.
try to get this and watch the original swedish movie.
one of the best movies ive seen in a long time.

prometheus
01-16-2010, 07:42 PM
havent seen the movie yet, Ill guess Ill wait until it shows up on the tele..

some interesting trivia might be that the director of this swedish movie daniel alfredsson, is the son of another director and a very appreciated swedish writer,comedian thru all times in sweden, he´s name is hans alfredsson who wrote,directed and also acted in the movie "the simple minded murderer" wich features stellan skarsgård as the simple minded one.

so I guess it´s no surprise that such talent is a legacy.

well..there´s more good movies from sweden soon to be remade in the us
from what I heard loosely, such as stieg larssons Milennium series "Men that hates women" With Michael Nyqvist and Noomi Rapace.

And what the heck..wallander a swedish crime-series remade with Kenneth Branagh, that one felt a little akward since the story is located in swedish
environment and they talk english..ehh.

Maybe I should start working on a swedish version of Avatar:)

Michael

Lightwolf
01-16-2010, 07:51 PM
And what the heck..wallander a swedish crime-series remade with Kenneth Branagh, that one felt a little akward since the story is located in swedish environment and they talk english..ehh.

If I remember correctly there was two different swedish actors playing Wallander before that too though.

Yup, Wikipedia is your friend: Rolf Lassgård (I watched all of them and he's still my favourite), later on Krister Henriksson.

Cheers,
Mike

prometheus
01-16-2010, 08:43 PM
If I remember correctly there was two different swedish actors playing Wallander before that too though.

Yup, Wikipedia is your friend: Rolf Lassgård (I watched all of them and he's still my favourite), later on Krister Henriksson.

Cheers,
Mike
yepp I prefer Rolf Lassgård too..and if you like him, You should see The Hunters.(jägarna)if you haven´t?

Its taking place in the northern parts of sweden where a policeman (Rolf Lassgård )visitshis brother when their parents has died, and during that visit he also get´s involved in investigating illegal hunting of moose, and those illegal huntings also leads to the killing of a couple of berry pickers
and in the end another tragic murder.

fantastic acting of Lassgård and Lennart Jähkel, and helena bergström
shows up as an internal ivestigator.
That story was also about to be picked up by holly wood;) but..
read the fun stuff in imdb about it.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116736/

Edit ..I forgot...the hunters 2 are coming up 2011, with Rolf Lassgård again and Peter Stormare.
Edit..Ohh yeah..My cousin was actually a co-producer for 16 episodes of wallander:)

Michael

RebelHill
01-17-2010, 03:38 AM
gahh... what is all this about the hurt locker... one of the worst, most shallow films Ive seen in a long time... completely 2d characters and plot... dreadful piece of crap... No wonder itll probably win so many awards.

JohnMarchant
01-17-2010, 06:13 AM
Seen hurt locker, didn't think much to it or like it much., cant see how it gets all these plaudits but i suppose its a personal take.

gerry_g
01-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Watching the central character standing lost and impotent unable to make a choice in a sea of breakfast serial between two isles that seemed to stretch for infinity in some nameless hypermarket, then seeing him stride purposefully out in his blast suite master of his own destiny perfectly able to make a choice even one between life or death. Yeah for a younger audience brought up on kiddy crap and comic book banality a movie with no shiny metal suits gleaming with gadgets and not a superhero with a supernatural power in sight, I can see this might be a problem.

Stooch
01-19-2010, 12:07 PM
Watching the central character standing lost and impotent unable to make a choice in a sea of breakfast serial between two isles that seemed to stretch for infinity in some nameless hypermarket, then seeing him stride purposefully out in his blast suite master of his own destiny perfectly able to make a choice even one between life or death. Yeah for a younger audience brought up on kiddy crap and comic book banality a movie with no shiny metal suits gleaming with gadgets and not a superhero with a supernatural power in sight, I can see this might be a problem.

lol. couldnt have said it better myself.

I feel sorry for people who cant appreciate the subtletly and nuance of good work. This is why movies like transformers are successful.

RebelHill
01-19-2010, 01:57 PM
I heartily disagree...

Its not subtlety and nuance in that movie... its just cliché that Ive seen a million times before... How about that whole opening sequence with the nice slow mo ied... what a load of "lets do iraq... but like the MATRIX" junk.

No Im not a gleaming suit superhero fan... a smattering of such eye candy is the one thing that could actually have made that movie worse... though it couldnt have hoped to cover up the lack of plot, purpose, or the fact that the characters are the most banal things to cross the sceen for a long time.

No story that I could see... no depth to the characters, no real structure.

This movie is the product of someone who's been raised on movies imo... just cos its in iraq, present day, doesnt make it deep.