PDA

View Full Version : Will there be ever stuff like this, or there is it already?

probiner
01-14-2010, 08:36 PM
I've posted similar stuff waaayy back.. but why not again... Maybe with new LW baby program we see some of this editing made easier/possible.

-Copy and Paste 3 values (XYZ;HPB;UVW, RGB...,whatever) in one click or keystroke. In this way, whenever you need to copy paste these 3 values you dont have to go back and forward to make sure you doing it right.
Also in light of what modo does, sometimes you just want to type the same value in all 3 inputs. So why type it/copy it 3 times?

-Expanding the use of Info Pad for geometrical operations. For example, you select 2 points on info pad and you can change their Position togheter; why not on Edit, have values like Distance, Angle, Area, Volume. You could slide the distance betwen 2 points/2sets of points for example. You could, after selecting 3 points from list, have a precise angle mesure (angle tool sucks :P), and then slide that value or go numeric. You could size a polygon/set of polygons until it met the desired Area/Volume value.

I sometimes get into brickwalls when i want to adjust stuff based on these type of values. Does LWCAD allow you to scale/translate based on Volume/Area/Angle/Distance...?

Cheers

JBT27
01-19-2010, 03:38 AM
Another one which seems a no-brainer, but which can be a real stumbling block are the tools, like Clone and Array which require you to type in the start point.

That goes back to your copying three values idea, but also highlights those tools that badly need to be interactive.

As ever, Viktor has outclassed NT in this.

Julian.

OOZZEE
01-20-2010, 11:16 AM
As ever, Viktor has outclassed NT in this.

Julian.

and that with a limited SDK.... go figure !!

hats off to him for pulling it off !!

colkai
01-21-2010, 04:02 AM
Coding God, nuff said. :)