PDA

View Full Version : Id like my account deleted, please.

Mister NO
01-13-2010, 03:30 AM
This is second time im posting this thread. Please dont post stupid answers like "dont post", "stop posting", "Dont go!" and so on.
Id like someone to point me to some moderator who will be kind enough to reply to my request.

Thanks

Soth
01-13-2010, 03:39 AM
dont post, sorry had to do that

e-mail/call newtek why to post request here, i do not think that will work.

SBowie
01-13-2010, 05:38 AM
I don't actually think there is a way to delete an account - even for a moderator. This is not unsual, nor anything to do with NewTek or this forum. AFAIK, it's common practice. Even when someone is permanently banned, the account is not really deleted.

reference: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?14995-Can-a-User-delete-his-her-Account

Generally, people just let an account go inactive.

Nicolas Jordan
01-13-2010, 06:02 AM
It probably says your account can not be deleted somewhere in the Terms & Conditions you agreed to when you signed up for these forums. Of course most people never read those Terms and Conditions but I am sure it's in there somewhere.

UnCommonGrafx
01-13-2010, 06:06 AM
Come on, let me say it:

Just don't come here or post anymore.

hehe

IMI
01-13-2010, 06:52 AM
I'd suggest a twelve step program. Perhaps there's a Forum Posters Anonymous out there that can help you help yourself.
There is no magic wand and you won't recover by taking the easy way out. :D

SBowie
01-13-2010, 07:03 AM
I've run into this before, but never really understood why some feel the need for deletion. I've wondered if it might be some confusion over being a forum member and being on one of the various mailing lists. I can understand why someone who had moved on might want to cut down on what has become spam for them, even if they did sign up for it once. But afaik that really has nothing to do with forum membership ...

Speedmonk42
01-13-2010, 07:53 AM
Is there a reason?

What I mean is are you getting emails you don't want or something or is this pure OCD?

EDIT: I see someone said the mailing list thing.

You could always change your password by randomly punching the keyboard without looking! LOL!

UnCommonGrafx
01-13-2010, 08:31 AM
Or go into the preferences settings here and disable mailing those things to your personal box. Then, you could ignore us quite easily.

SBowie
01-13-2010, 08:35 AM
Or go into the preferences settings here and disable mailing those things to your personal box. Then, you could ignore us quite easily.Does that remove one from the "Cool Friends" mailing list? I think there are others, too. I seem to get multiples sometimes, don't know for sure. I bet it's a question Customer Service could answer though.

OnlineRender
01-13-2010, 09:28 AM
The ironic thing is , the more pissed off he becomes ,the more his post count goes up ! .
you can't leave , Ever .......... it's a cult thing now !

serge
01-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Once a Marine Always a Marine.

Mister NO
01-13-2010, 10:23 AM
:D You people are so funny ;D .
I have few no-more-used memberships on 3d sites so i decided to close them down. On www.spinquad.com everything went just fine. My account was deleted by forum moderator. Since all forums have the same type of code i don't see why this one should be any different. You dont make something without option to destroy it later if you want. I see why NT still makes Lw, it doesnt work properly and they know it, but they just cant delete it :D:D:D:D

OnlineRender
01-13-2010, 10:29 AM
got to admit your just here for the bannter !

Mister NO
01-13-2010, 10:41 AM
got to admit your just here for the bannter !

Nope. That is just side effect of this debate. Actually i dont want to debate just want, oh my Lord i's saying this like 10000 times, my account deleted.

Mister NO
01-13-2010, 10:45 AM
I don't actually think there is a way to delete an account - even for a moderator. This is not unsual, nor anything to do with NewTek or this forum. AFAIK, it's common practice. Even when someone is permanently banned, the account is not really deleted.

reference: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?14995-Can-a-User-delete-his-her-Account

Generally, people just let an account go inactive.

Thanks Steve for info. If my old posts are problem ill delete them all. After all i posted only 34 times.

SBowie
01-13-2010, 11:01 AM
And only a couple times since 2007, it seems. The only way it could happen, I guess, would be to manually delete your posts and then 'ban' you. AFAIK, the VBulletin software doesn't provide any simple way to do this. I'll be honest, it hardly seems like it's worth anyone's time and trouble, and the inactive membership doesn't seem to actually pose any real problems - but that's just me ...

Speedmonk42
01-13-2010, 11:08 AM
You seem to possess a reasonable sense of humor, you should learn Lightwave and stick around.

Mister NO
01-13-2010, 11:14 AM
And only a couple times since 2007, it seems. The only way it could happen, I guess, would be to manually delete your posts and then 'ban' you. AFAIK, the VBulletin software doesn't provide any simple way to do this. I'll be honest, it hardly seems like it's worth anyone's time and trouble, and the inactive membership doesn't seem to actually pose any real problems - but that's just me ...

Are you forum administrator?

Mister NO
01-13-2010, 11:16 AM
You seem to possess a reasonable sense of humor, you should learn Lightwave and stick around.

Thanks. But i dont want to go again with Lw. Lw is like little child it won grow up.

Revanto
01-13-2010, 05:46 PM
Maybe they delete you if you get banned. That means you just have to get yourself banned by doing something naughty on this forum. However, this is just a theory.

Good luck with the deletion.

IMI
01-13-2010, 06:16 PM
No there are still posts here from people who have been permanently banned, so just being naughty won't work. Since your account and all your posts remain, you only go out looking naughty and make yourself look bad for all posterity . ;)

Speedmonk42
01-13-2010, 06:26 PM
No there are still posts here from people who have been permanently banned, so just being naughty won't work. Since your account and all your posts remain, you only go out looking naughty and make yourself look bad for all posterity . ;)

Bah.. I say he just comes back every few months and repeats this.

It is kind of entertaining, even if a bit trolly at times.

Amurrell
01-14-2010, 10:52 PM
It was said before and now again...if you don't post don't worry..if you are getting e-mails about posts, unsubscribe to that thread..after that, don't log in anymore, please for the love of all things good, if you really don't want to be here then don't come back. This seems simple and clear cut enough. Not trying to be rude, but there is your only solution, aside from someone reporting your posts, and even that may not work.

However, if you wish to entertain us even further, come back time and time again. Go through the task of clicking a bookmark, or whatever way you use to get to the forums, log in, find this thread and continue with your posts, for me this thread has become rather humorus. It kind of reminds me of a girlfriend that tells you to leave her alone and yet she calls everyday just to restate her request.

Mister NO
01-15-2010, 03:33 AM
It was said before and now again...if you don't post don't worry..if you are getting e-mails about posts, unsubscribe to that thread..after that, don't log in anymore, please for the love of all things good, if you really don't want to be here then don't come back. This seems simple and clear cut enough. Not trying to be rude, but there is your only solution, aside from someone reporting your posts, and even that may not work.

However, if you wish to entertain us even further, come back time and time again. Go through the task of clicking a bookmark, or whatever way you use to get to the forums, log in, find this thread and continue with your posts, for me this thread has become rather humorus. It kind of reminds me of a girlfriend that tells you to leave her alone and yet she calls everyday just to restate her request.

Look m8 if you don't like my thread just move along. I've made thread like this but it was closed by moderator coz somebody reported me. But that same moderator didn't read what i wrote. If he did read my stuff he would contact me and i would get straight answer from moderator about way of deleting my account. But it seems that all moderators are gone?

OnlineRender
01-15-2010, 03:37 AM
But it seems that all moderators are gone?

Proton's been on alot lately :devil: :rock:

admit MRs NO , you kinda love it here , in a sick twisted way ! , look at the art work done by Blam ,your blown away & have came back over to LW A.k.a THE DARKSIDE ....................... FEEL THE POWER ........................... FEEL THE WAVE ..............FEEL THE CORE

/\ mwha that last line belongs to me /\ :D

Mister NO
01-15-2010, 03:46 AM
Well there are some memories of lw days in my head left. But that just make me sad. Loved lw a lot but couldn't except the fact its gonna die by its own fault.
Btw thanks for moderators name >D I can say you are one of few, and that is two, members who gave usefull answer.

mav3rick
01-15-2010, 04:30 AM
impressive thread

Mister NO
01-15-2010, 04:37 AM
impressive thread

More than impressive!

akademus
01-15-2010, 04:53 AM
Paul Lara is the moderator and you can reach him at http://www.newtek.com/forums/member.php?u=6

Send him a PM or contact him via email and ask for user removal.

Pozdrav!

IMI
01-15-2010, 05:20 AM
Well there are some memories of lw days in my head left. But that just make me sad. Loved lw a lot but couldn't except the fact its gonna die by its own fault.
Btw thanks for moderators name >D I can say you are one of few, and that is two, members who gave usefull answer.

Honestly, it's just funny, and you're just getting your chain yanked as a result.
I mean, surely you would have seen this coming, no? It's one of those things that some of us just can't resist. ;)
Most people would simply stop posting, change the email address they use for this place to a free account like Gmail and then delete that email account or simply never log in, just forget the place exists... any number of things.
Or better yet, PM an administrator or a mod.
Aside from all that's been said, such as VBulletin doesn't allow for account deletion and the above, that's about as good as it gets.

Chris S. (Fez)
01-15-2010, 05:27 AM
Don't leave us Mr. No, we love you so!

csandy
01-15-2010, 05:35 AM
I say he should go back to school until he becomes Dr. NO.

SBowie
01-15-2010, 05:43 AM
Aside from all that's been said, such as VBulletin doesn't allow for account deletion and the above, that's about as good as it gets.AFAIK, it would be necessary to manually locate and delete each individual post, first. This doesn't really get rid of their content anyway if they have been quoted by anyone, and then you wind up with these left-over threads with odd gaps without really accomplishing your purpose. You can't simply delete the threads, either, as others will have posted in them too.

I think one must realize that an internet forum is not simply a storage facility, a digital 'bank' where one can put one's expressions 'on deposit', later to withdraw them and close the account. Posting to a forum is more like writing a letter to the editor which is published in a newspaper. You have expressed yourself publicly, and (edit: > what you wrote is) loose in the world. These day even when the last copy of the newspaper crumbles into dust your words remain eternal in computer archives (this should give us all pause :p).

The internet is permanent (to the degree that technology ever is, at least), and ultimately redaction is a myth.

IMI
01-15-2010, 06:19 AM
The internet is permanent (to the degree that technology ever is, at least), and ultimately redaction is a myth.

Actually, I've seen some PhpBB forums in the past that had a "leave" option, which I was told did in fact delete your account and all your posts. Maybe that's what he was thinking too.

But yeah I totally agree with all you said. Not nitpicking, just sayin' is all. ;)

SBowie
01-15-2010, 07:20 AM
Not nitpicking, just sayin' is all. ;)Sure. VBulletin doesn't offer that, though, at least afaik. Even if it did, though, is it ever really gone (http://www.archive.org/web/web.php) ...

Titus
01-15-2010, 08:03 AM
AFAIK, it would be necessary to manually locate and delete each individual post, first.

I presume NT forum stores all the information in a SQL style database, maybe MySQL? It's a matter of typing a couple of commands to delete all the information about any user.

Mister NO
01-15-2010, 08:08 AM
Hvala Vojislave :D

SBowie
01-15-2010, 08:13 AM
I presume NT forum stores all the information in a SQL style database, maybe MySQL? It's a matter of typing a couple of commands to delete all the information about any user.I don't know anything about the database structure 'under the hood', but I do not think the moderators work with the data at that level in any case. VBulletin supplies quite a few moderation controls, and I think that's the primary interface for moderation.

Doubtless the IT guys may have deeper access, but they also have a lot of arguably more important tasks too (I shudder to think of the reaction if they were asked to allot take time to this sort of thing) ... and in the end, deleting entries and accounts doesn't really accomplish much as respects information that is 'out there' anyway.

IMI
01-15-2010, 08:24 AM

See now, you're starting to enjoy it. ;)
Stick around, we have a lot of fun here. :D

shrox
01-15-2010, 08:27 AM
How about an EMP?

Iain
01-15-2010, 08:32 AM
Run some anti-troll software on your system. That'll do it.

Otherwise, just refrain from posting.(Was that a black cat I just saw?)

akademus
01-15-2010, 10:21 AM

Nema na cemu :D

See, its kinda addictive :help: :help: :help:

One would probably need 12 steps program to gets unhooked from here :D

Titus
01-15-2010, 11:07 AM
I don't know anything about the database structure 'under the hood', but I do not think the moderators work with the data at that level in any case. VBulletin supplies quite a few moderation controls, and I think that's the primary interface for moderation.

Doubtless the IT guys may have deeper access, but they also have a lot of arguably more important tasks too (I shudder to think of the reaction if they were asked to allot take time to this sort of thing) ... and in the end, deleting entries and accounts doesn't really accomplish much as respects information that is 'out there' anyway.

There was a time when I was moderator of an online forum/portal/whatever. It did happened a couple of times someone asked his account to be deleted. I know it could be done but I decided my time was more important for other tasks.

Tom Wood
01-15-2010, 04:07 PM
I presume NT forum stores all the information in a SQL style database, maybe MySQL? It's a matter of typing a couple of commands to delete all the information about any user.

Yes, it's MySQL. It's a *really* intertwined data structure where almost any deletion would cause a rip in the matrix. All sorts of unintended consequences would follow -

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
The dead rising from the grave!
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Just not a good thing to do to a database...

shrox
01-15-2010, 04:31 PM
Yes, it's MySQL. It's a *really* intertwined data structure where almost any deletion would cause a rip in the matrix. All sorts of unintended consequences would follow -

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
The dead rising from the grave!
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Just not a good thing to do to a database...

What about the living arrangements of dogs and cats taking an unexpected turn?

SBowie
01-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!I think you might be confusing it with a different sequel, Tom (2012, Reboot?)

Tom Wood
01-18-2010, 03:23 PM
I think you might be confusing it with a different sequel, Tom (2012, Reboot?)

Ghostbusters! (The original)

"Yes, it's true, this man has no dick."

G-Man
01-18-2010, 06:49 PM
Mr. No, Please don't go, say it isn't so.

shrox
01-18-2010, 07:08 PM
Mr. No, Please don't go, say it isn't so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u5LZ-DN3iA

m0184you
01-21-2010, 06:12 AM
Rubbish!
He'll be back screaming when fall in love with official release of Lightwave CORE, no1 3D soft right? :D
Leave your account, it's free and you are always welcomed.

Ostavi nalog, 'leb ne jede!
Pozdrav drugar!