PDA

View Full Version : Alpha, Targa32 sequence into Dreamweaver

medicalart
01-12-2010, 09:55 PM
I'm trying to export 60-frame image sequence to create an animated gif, which needs to go into Dreamweaver. (Dreamweaver plays animated gifs fine). Are there any other LW settings I should be looking at, besides saving as TGA32? I've tried importing the TGA sequence into both QuicktimePro (PC) and VirtualDub, but I can't seem to keep the background transparent. Any ideas? Thanks.

Silkrooster
01-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Odds are the program your using does not totally support transparency or the alpha channel, both are not necessarily the same thing. If you have premiere pro or after effects, they should work just fine. Photoshop may work, but not sure. Its been awhile.

CC Rider
01-15-2010, 06:34 AM
You'll need to load the sequence into something like Photoshop to export the animated gif. Dreamweaver (and by extension, a web browser) won't play an image sequence natively.

Don't know how long your sequence is, but if its more than a few frames, I would consider using Flash video intead of animated gif. Gif won't support any more than 256 colors and if its a long sequence you'll probably be disappointed by the playback unless its really tiny.

Again, don't know what you're trying to do or what resources you have at your disposal so this advice is a bit of a stab in the dark...sorry if it is misplaced.

Good luck!

:D

medicalart
01-15-2010, 08:27 AM
Thanks. After some trial and error, the solution appears to be using QuicktimePro to compile the Targa32 frames, then export .mov, and then import that into Photoshop Extended.

Importing the individual tga32 sequence into Photoshop preserves the alpha but not when exporting the animated gif. (at least I couldn't figure out how to do it). Importing the .mov preserves and exports.

Good idea to use Flash, but I didn't want users to need the player.