PDA

View Full Version : CORE News

cgisoul
01-12-2010, 02:20 AM
Let's start fresh.

I was really wondering if CORE is just a modeler or something more?
I do wish that CORE can be a great stable modeler to start with nice UV tools. The future is bright and I'm definitely looking forward to see how CORE will evolve and what kind of app it will become. Exciting times!

SBowie
01-12-2010, 05:16 AM
I was really wondering if CORE is just a modeler or something more?Don't know if you saw the announcement here, which contains a link to the official feature list for the 1.0 release:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104410

cgisoul
01-12-2010, 08:27 AM
Don't know if you saw the announcement here, which contains a link to the official feature list for the 1.0 release:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104410

Hey Steve,

Cheers for the link m8. I'm definitely looking forward to see CORE out and hopefully with UV tools/settings too.

Thanks again m8 for the info.

P.S. One thing that I still not quite sure, is CORE being developed to replace the existing Lightwave 9.6.1 (X version)?

Soth
01-12-2010, 09:01 AM
yes ;)

SBowie
01-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Just to expand on that a bit, it's fairly clear by now that Core 1.0 will not fully replace LW 9.x, and indeed will lean on linkage to a variant of the latter (referred to as LW HC) for some functionality. That's pretty much what we were given to expect early on. Ultimately, I think it will certainly be that this dependency will be eliminated at some later stage, leaving a single unified app.

Soth
01-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Ultimately, I think it will certainly be that this dependency will be eliminated at some later stage, leaving a single unified app.

Well, I think you are right... seriously that is how it will be, for sure ...well, unless NewTek will bancrupt or Jesus will come back to Earth to announce armageddon... but we can get insurance for that, so that is the plan of our favorite company, but otherwise looks like we will be fine as well. :)