PDA

View Full Version : StarPro.p plug-in

Marshun
01-10-2010, 05:19 AM
StarPro.p plug-in help needed to activate it so it'll render stars as they appear to the naked eye. Ie Constellations, known star groups, and the like.

I have installed this plug-in but need some help in getting it to become active in layout. I have been able to locate it in the Edit Plug-ins menu under StarPro.p. I got as far as finding the "image processor" which is inside Edit Plug-ins where starpro is located in "Edit Plug-ins" column with "File" selected in "Grouping Method". I then click "starpro.p" where it opens up to display "StarPro" in "Type" column as: "Image Filter (with UI)"

After getting that far in, what do I do now to activate it so it'll render visible stars?

Sensei
01-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Never heard of this plug-in, but Image Filters are added and edited in Windows > Image Processing (ctrl-f8).

Marshun
01-10-2010, 12:47 PM
Aw that did it! It's working now. Now see I would of never figured something like that out ... except by accident.

StarPro.p is made by Maas Digital LLC 2004, called a Starfield Generator, and costs a little. But very worth it to me since my head is in the stars and still is. :)

This is the very first plugin I've actually bought and employed. And it works. Strange to actually find something that works. But hey.

...Thanks be to you, Sensei

djlithium
01-10-2010, 01:09 PM
Yeah, which is rather unusual. The site explains how to install the plugin - which nearly everyone using LW would understand - but not how to implement it, which is usually different for every plugin.

PS. I'm glad he lowered the price - still expensive, but MUCH better! :thumbsup:

Well the price isn't too bad when you consider the clients who use it. Lots of Nasa/goverment agencies in the space program, plus TV/Film VFX. there are "lesser" versions of Star Pro like the standard definition version for lower price points.

Marshun
01-10-2010, 01:17 PM
and works for me cause I was starting to get a little tired making each and every little star to fit in like all those timed exposed photographs. Aw astronomy. Well, it's more "cosmology" for me these days. I like theorizing on the whole of all there is to know.

Marshun
01-10-2010, 08:08 PM
:agree: But for the hobbyist, the original price was just way too much. I use LW professionally in archviz, but really enoying working in sci-fi stuff. Now at $249 for the full version, it's better-priced for the hobbyist. I probably shouldn't say "for the hobbyist" since it's still quite high even for that - but for me it will be a much better feeling when I buy it. :) Maybe a "little too high" even for the hobbyist (ie., me). Unless you're talking about artists who won't invest because they can't or just won't. But for the empassioned "artist", any cost can be very well worth it. Such passion is often monumental in its motivation for that "inspiration" ;)

'course then there's those who have other reasons not to lay that initial high cost down.