PDA

View Full Version : Working with others...

Tippsy
01-09-2010, 03:23 AM
So for the first time I want to do some character animation with help from others and was wondering how I would go about say animating the mouth while someone else is animating the body then sticking the two together. Basically just not sure how to combine all our work when its done.

akademus
01-09-2010, 06:22 AM
You can save motions as .mot files and you can export motion envelopes from Graph editor and then apply them to your scene.

You can also use Load from scene to import other peoples assets into your scene and you can also set things to follow other things (imported stuff) motions using Follower in motion options.

RebelHill
01-09-2010, 07:03 AM
depends how the face has been setup... but if its jsut using morfs, the easiest way is just to save out the morf mix and reload it onto the body animated version...

Though just for the record, i feel compelled to say... its a bad way to work, and creates a discontinuity between what the face is expressing and what the body is doing.

akademus
01-09-2010, 11:05 AM
depends how the face has been setup... but if its jsut using morfs, the easiest way is just to save out the morf mix and reload it onto the body animated version...

Though just for the record, i feel compelled to say... its a bad way to work, and creates a discontinuity between what the face is expressing and what the body is doing.

Very true. You'd probably want to have body language set up first and then move onto more detailed work with hand and facial expression.

Tippsy
01-09-2010, 04:17 PM
well ya I understand that working that way is less then ideal but it allows us to work together for the first time and after sticking them together modifying them to fit perfectly, if everything is storyboarded then there wont be confusion. Thanks for the advice.

shrox
01-09-2010, 04:20 PM
My second grade report card said "does not work well with others, wants to control".

Tippsy
01-10-2010, 01:40 AM
haha see but thats a good quality, if u want good work do it urself!