PDA

View Full Version : bad behavior movie clip used IN scene

Johnny
01-08-2010, 04:41 PM
I have a movie clip mapped to a plane, and of course, the movie plays in the final render OF the clip.

I have set my in and out frames, and selected "Loop," even though the clip is 7 frames longer than the sequence I'm rendering... Hold First/Hold Last didn't make sense to me..

2 bad things happen:

1. the portion of the movie clip I see in the final render isn't the section I dialed in with the sliders where you get to say From Frame # X to Frame # X

and

2. there's a "jump" in the movie, which I'd think I shouldn't see, as the movie is longer than the sequence.

I am on Attempt #10 with this thing and could use suggestions how to coax LW into doing what I want.

any ideas? Should I select one of the hold options?

does it matter if my clip was shot with a 30fps cam? Or, does lightwave advance any clip 1 frame at a time in accordance with the frame rate of the sequence being rendered? In this case, 24 frames/sec.

Remedies I've tried? re-assigning the clip. Making another copy OF the clip, and assigning that. Toggle the Loop/Hold Frame drop down menu (I noticed that this sometimes helps LW "remember" to loop if that's what you want.)

thank you!

J

JonW
01-08-2010, 10:08 PM
I had trouble with movie clips, gave up, & just use an image sequence.

Johnny
01-08-2010, 11:52 PM
I had trouble with movie clips, gave up, & just use an image sequence.

is the procedure for using image sequences similar to that of using movie clips? I'm still on LW 8.5d...

thank you

J

Dexter2999
01-09-2010, 12:51 AM
Piece of cake. And I think I have been using image sequences since 7.5 so you should be good to go.

Johnny
01-09-2010, 11:43 AM
do you load image sequences the same way you'd load a clip?

J

Rhothgar
01-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Just load the first image of the sequence.

Go to image editor

Select the image

On the right look for "image type" and click on the drop down.

Select sequence.

You're good to go. :thumbsup:

Johnny
01-09-2010, 01:55 PM
dun get much simpler than that.

thank you.

J

Johnny
01-22-2010, 11:16 AM
OK, Procedurally, using an image sequence is very easy to set up, but Lightwave still doesn't want to obey.

It uses the frame sequence, but not in the order I exported from QT Pro.

it should start at the beginning of the frame sequence, and apply that first one to the first frame of my render, the second to the second, etc..all the way to the end of my clip, which is as many frames long as the image sequence: 167 frames.

For some reason, I'm getting the poo-poo platter of frames applied by Lightwave, almost as though Lightwave doesn't know what to do, or thinks that any ol' random order is A-OK.

I am trying to match the action in the image sequence to events which happen in the Lightwave animation...without the ability to do this, it's a waste of time.

Any other insights?

I'm going to try to re-map a surface to my geometry and try 'er again.

thank you,

J

toby
01-22-2010, 10:15 PM
Make sure you output an image sequence with enough digits in the filename. If they say file1, file2, file3,... file10, lw (or any application) will read in file1 and then file10, then file2. To be safe name them file.0001.png through file.0010.png, etc.

If you're using Quicktime to make the sequence, it doesn't like the dot '.' so append "_000" to the name in the save dialog.

Johnny
01-24-2010, 10:57 AM
thank you, toby...I see that there are a couple of things I can do which I will try out.

J