PDA

View Full Version : XD300: Waiting for set constuctor and running out of players

JGR
01-08-2010, 09:56 AM
Hi
I run an XD300. Since there isn't (yet) a set constructor tool for the XD300 I've been using a background with an alpha-channel window on my virtual inputs. It works very well. The problem is that I run out of players - I use stills to play the background with the alpha channel, and I use titles to play some text visible through that alpha channel window, and I use the DDR to intermittently play video clips (which temporarily replace the background). But I also want to run a lower third title - but there's nothing left to play it on. Any suggestions? Thanks very much.

SBowie
01-08-2010, 10:04 AM
Could you post an image or two showing what you are doing, and what you would like to do?

JGR
01-08-2010, 11:02 AM
see explanation below

JGR
01-08-2010, 11:17 AM
Note Kiki, the set behind her and the text behind that - (pretend that the talent is coming in through input 1) the set is playing from the stills player and the text is playing from the titles player - and I have my DDR ready to roll on the next scene. I have nothing left to play a lower third title in front of Kiki (I have to reserve the DDR for upcoming tape roll). I wouldn't mind using the DDR to play any one of these elements, but if I do I can't auto transition to the next scene (ie the DDR won't auto-transition to itself. It doesn't advance to the next file).

Am I making this clear?

Thanks

PIZAZZ
01-08-2010, 11:26 AM
Could you use LiveText?

JGR
01-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Not a bad idea, though I'm hoping not to have to make any additional purchases...

bgreen965
01-09-2010, 12:15 AM
Does LiveText work with the 300? I have heard that it does not.

SBowie
01-09-2010, 07:11 AM
It's quite some time since I tested the current release version of LT with XD300, but it wasn't, of course, designed with HD in mind. I seem to recall it had some issues with SD sessions, as well, but those may have disappeared as XD progressed. I'd have to fire it up and check (but just at the moment I really need a caffeine fix).

However, it's worth noting that TCXD300 includes an integrated version of LT2 - now I mention that, not because you can use it concurrently as a Switcher source (you can't), but because it's a reasonable assumption that this new upgrade will be made available before very long for those who need it. Note, this is not an announcement, just what I think is a reasonable guess, offered as my answer to your question.

SBowie
01-12-2010, 01:33 PM
I seem to recall it had some issues with SD sessions, as well, but those may have disappeared as XD progressed. I'd have to fire it up and check (but just at the moment I really need a caffeine fix). Just to update this, one of the engineers tells me that the current public version of LT works just fine with TCXD300 for SD sessions.