PDA

View Full Version : Machine Gun Bullets ?? Help Please

zapper1998
01-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Machine Gun Bullets ..

I want to set it, where for when the barrel moves back, and stops ..

Barrel moves back to its extended position, then repeats.. the above.

Then a projectile leaves the barrel.

And then basically repeats itself ..

Help Please..

I hope this is the right place to post this question ???

Michael

shrox
01-06-2010, 07:44 PM
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/movies/w3dw/Gunshell.mov

zapper1998
01-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Ok
I seen that vid .. good vid ..

But I am trying to set it up to see the bullet get launched from the barrel as the barrel
Moves back and forth..

Like a Howitizer Firing and the shell leaving the barrel..

Michael

shrox
01-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Can't you time the particles? Or are you talking about a more detailed shot.

SplineGod
01-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Parent an emitt er to the barrel but inside. FXLiink the shells to the particles.

Mr Rid
01-06-2010, 09:34 PM
I dont quite understand what you are wanting. Is it suppose to be slomo? But here is an example of using a collision event to 'shoot' and 'eject' on cue. The emitter fires each time the collision item strikes it.

Scene
QT

Cageman
01-07-2010, 12:52 AM
I started working on a system quite some time ago that you import and parent to a weapon and then controll everything with sliders. The idea is that this system will take care of Shells, Bullets (tracers), smoke and fire, hiteffects and even hiteffects debris. The basics of the system is transferable to any type of weapon, but only serves as a building block for building a complete system for each type of weapon. So, basicly, you have a character that is running around shooting, and you import the FX-system and parent it to the weapon, animate the sliders so that it maches the movement of the gun (this could possibly also be automated by some expressions), and the rest takes care of itself (well...that is the goal at least).

The main problem for me is to get the Shells to rest in different rotations. I can partly get there with Node Item Motion, but the only solution I can come up with right now is to have a object-copies that are rotated differently, so when a particle reaches under a certain velocity the particles goes back to a 0,0,0 rotation and since each shell is rotated randomly (based on the objects) it give each shell a random rotation. I havn't implemented that yet though, but this is the absolute main issue reagarding creating the system.

I shall pick it up again and implement the rest of the stuff, since those other things should be alot more straightforward to implement, and I've already prepared many of the things that should be combined into this importable reasource regarding an M16.

Here is a test-sequence (http://hangar18.gotdns.org/~cageman/GunFX_and_HitEffects_system/Itteration1.mov) that illustrates the problem with random rotation when the shells have rested, so to speak. :)

zapper1998
01-07-2010, 03:33 PM
I was thinking of attaching an Emitter to the barrel then using a null to go back and forth,
As the trigger, but its hard to get the emitter to emit 1 particle as the Null_Trigger passes back and forth.

Let me post some scrren shots
Thanks for your Help so far learning more as I go...

thats it thank you....

Cageman
01-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Cool! :)

Here is an updated version for the shells (http://hangar18.gotdns.org/~cageman/GunFX_and_HitEffects_system/Itteration2.mov) with the random rotation issue fixed.

Appart for some minor animation-issues when the shells reaches a velocity that is below the threshold (snaps back to 0,0,0 rotation), I think it works kind of well. The idea is to use MFMotionbaker on the shells to convert them to keyframes so one can manually fix those that missbehaves in frame, so to speak.

I've also attached a screenshot for the nodal setup regarding the shells.

zapper1998
01-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Cool! :)

Here is an updated version for the shells (http://hangar18.gotdns.org/~cageman/GunFX_and_HitEffects_system/Itteration2.mov) with the random rotation issue fixed.

Appart for some minor animation-issues when the shells reaches a velocity that is below the threshold (snaps back to 0,0,0 rotation), I think it works kind of well. The idea is to use MFMotionbaker on the shells to convert them to keyframes so one can manually fix those that missbehaves in frame, so to speak.

I've also attached a screenshot for the nodal setup regarding the shells.

does that nodal go on the motion of the shell, ok i know that
where do i apply that ??

can u upload that scene file please...
tk
michael

Mr Rid
01-08-2010, 12:17 AM
I was thinking of attaching an Emitter to the barrel then using a null to go back and forth,
As the trigger, but its hard to get the emitter to emit 1 particle as the Null_Trigger passes back and forth.....

Well, the example scene I posted allows you to do exactly that.

zapper1998
01-08-2010, 01:34 AM
oopps

That was your scene Mr.Rid

hehe grabbed the wrong quote

It worked great Thank You

Michael