PDA

View Full Version : DaHouse ShowReel

drako
01-04-2010, 03:32 PM
I ve updated my showreel of my personal site.A lot of work i have done it as a freelancer at several post houses here in Greece and many VFX shots I have done in GRAAL SA a VFX House i work here in Athens as a VFX Artist and Compositor.A lot of work i have done it in Lightwave and composition in Fusion.

I would like to hear your comments....

http://www.dahouse.gr/Showreel.html

hope you like it.:thumbsup:

archijam
01-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Very nice indeed.

The link crashes my firefox .. can't even load it! :) .. os-x.

Works fine with safari.

geo_n
01-04-2010, 10:40 PM
Excellent generalist reel. Curious about the penguin. Any details?

drako
01-05-2010, 01:43 AM
archijam I m very sorry to hear this.Maybe is the version of Firefox in the OS-X.
I dont know i have tested in other pcs and macs and works fine in Opera,Mozilla,Safari and Internet Explorer.
Anyway thanks a lot about your comments I appreciate.

geo_n Thanks about your good words man.I can post some details about the penguin and some wires also.It was a project of a TVC Spot about TIM Telecommunications here in Greece that it has failed.I have make this AD when i was working at MAX PRODUCTIONS.What else do you want to know about the penguin?

geo_n
01-05-2010, 08:44 AM
The penguin cut is a bit short. Maybe a longer cut if possible. It looks photoreal and really needs more airtime. Is it made in lw with sasquatch?

j3dj3d
01-05-2010, 09:13 AM
Love the Train in the snow very atmospheric. Generally top draw! Very realistic sheen on the goldfish.

3D Animation CGI (http://www.3d-imaging.co.uk)

Larry_g1s
01-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Really nice work drako. No FireFox problems here by the way.

drako
01-05-2010, 10:52 AM
geo_n Yes i know that the penguin is too short.I have to admit that i dont render all the cuts of this ad in very good quality because i have alot of work.But i should do this as possible i can.Yes i have made it in LW:lwicon: with Sas,composition in Fusion.

j3dj3d The train comes from the intro sequence unfinished from my short film called "Defense" that is coming soon.The goldfish is from a viral AD.:)

Larry_g1s Thanks man i hope that you really like it.:thumbsup:

Thank you guys and i wish that 2010 would be the year of Lightwave.:lwicon:

sampei
01-07-2010, 10:00 AM
very nice stuff mr. Drako, penguins and mosquito are my favourite :D

Andyjaggy
01-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Very nice. Lot's of good work there.

drako
01-08-2010, 02:23 AM
Thanks a lot Sampei and Andyjaggy.I really have to upload some wires from the pinguins and the mosquito for showing the process of the animation.
Thank you guys........And happy new year......

oobievision
01-11-2010, 07:00 AM
I love that model of the bee. Im currently working on a short film for my demo reel and would love to see some wires of the guy.

-EsHrA-
01-11-2010, 07:22 AM
excellent! :)

no FF probs on win btw.

mlon

drako
01-12-2010, 05:08 AM
thanks Oobievision and EsHrA
soon i update this thread with some wires from my projects.
cheers....

drako
01-17-2010, 12:24 PM
Some wires from the penguins project....:thumbsup:
I have animated some motion clips with one character and then
i applied to all,random mdd files from the basic rig.

Hope you like it guys......

Exception
01-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Looks really great and convincing...
Only thing I'd do is cut the penguins altogether. People seem interested in it, but I think the quality of animation is not on par with the rest of your work. They look good but move wrong.

drako
01-18-2010, 02:31 AM
Exception thanks a lot about your comments.In the project with the penguins the point was to make real penguins moving as possible in the physique of humans.Sometimes you use the animation to exagerate.I have to show you and other images of this project to understand what i mean.But your point was right.I have to cut the penguins all together.