PDA

View Full Version : Coords System--->Graph Editor ?

Emmanuel
09-04-2003, 06:51 AM
Hi,

am I doing something simple wrong or is it true that the graph editor ignores my changes to the coords system ?
When I change from Parent to world or local and change a keyframe on a curve in graph editor, it looks like graph editor still has the "parent" coords system activated, cause when I rotate the pitch in graph editor for example, in the viewport it rotates the heading...?

jeanphi
09-05-2003, 06:01 AM
Lw solving engine only works with parent coordinates system.
Changing to world or local just affect the way you are editing rotation values. If you rotate in world or local it will change all H, P and B rotation at once if local or world handles didn't match parent handles oriantation.
Sometimes with the gimballock, if you use World/local rotation values in parent coordinate sytem "jumps into" bad value. When you play anim your item rotate in a bad way. You can correct it by using "Pitch Correction" plug from Takahiko Date.

http://www.dtium.com/software/

I use it intensively on character animation production.
I alway swap from world, local and parent coordinates system.
So this plug help so much.

By the way if you are in parent coordinates system you can pess "ctrl" to rotate in local and see what happened to parent values(oriantation of handles).