PDA

View Full Version : It's me

*Pete*
01-03-2010, 08:57 AM
This is my first head modell since, i think, 1999...i enjoyed very much modelling this one and spent almost 20 hours on it...a couple of false starts and experiments took most of the time, this project forced me into UV mapping and SSS nodes, which both were foreign to me.

the cloth is just a simple and fast mockup not to appear too naked, the texture on it is just planar projected.

the chain and the crusifix is what i wear also in real life, not becouse im in any way religious but becouse its a gift that has over time become very symbolic for me, i added it to make the image more believable for my friends...altough, i admit that the chain is hanging unnaturally.

ah...and the backround is a photo from Egypt...i took my open water divers certificate there last year.

Rabbitpenny
01-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Nice model. UV looks perfectly placed. If this is your first head model in 11 years, I'm impressed. Definitely looks like your avatar.

*Pete*
01-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Definitely looks like your avatar.

i was lucky in being bald...next ill try to model someone with hair, that should get me into FFX as well...so far i only used it for grass and carpets.

Rabbitpenny
01-03-2010, 01:53 PM
lucky in being bald.

I have the same good luck. That's why you backlit the model...to avoid all that blinding dome specularity.

shrox
01-03-2010, 04:04 PM
i was lucky in being bald...next ill try to model someone with hair, that should get me into FFX as well...so far i only used it for grass and carpets.

Put my hair on your head!

Shiny_Mike
01-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Looks great! I'm in the same position, just finished modeling a head, and hadn't tried one in ten years. Not very experienced with UV's so setting up a proper UV is frustrating right now, even with PLG, heh. Only crit would be maybe the subdermis color could be a bit redder (for the ear especially)? Other than that great job..