PDA

View Full Version : copying bone with Objects

pdp editor
12-30-2009, 07:49 PM
Is it possible to animate then save bones with objects? I would like to create an object, animate it with bones then clone that object many times within the same scene.

SplineGod
12-30-2009, 08:53 PM
If you clone the object the bones are also automatically clone too.

skywalker113
01-03-2010, 11:20 PM
You can clone objects mutiple times using particle emiters. If your going to have hundreds of clones, you might want to do that. This tutorial explains how to clone objects with their animations using morphs, so you dont end up with thousands of bones. I've tried it and it works well.

http://www.the123d.com/tutorial/lightwave2/crowd01.shtml

SplineGod
01-04-2010, 12:07 AM
If you use displacements I would go with mdd files rather then endomorphs because the morphs are simple linear movements. They work ok for things that are far away but dont work well for close ups. Ive used mdd files on several projects to get more complex crowds. LW was used with mdd files this way to do many of the crowd shots in the movie The Last Samurai. :)

pdp editor
01-07-2010, 08:17 PM
is it possible to copy bones from one object to another in layout

pdp editor
01-07-2010, 08:36 PM
basicly, what I want to do is setup a simple animation using bones then copy those bones to four other layers then shift the keys to make the different objects move at different times.

evenflcw
01-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Clone and replace (Replace with Object/ObjectLayer).

Clone the original object (with bones). Then replace the cloned object with the object you wanted to clone the bones to.

pdp editor
01-07-2010, 09:06 PM
thanks that works well. Its strange that layout does not have the means to copy/paste selected items