PDA

View Full Version : TOYOH!!! Finally Got My GED!

h2oStudios
12-30-2009, 02:56 PM
LOL, After not having seen a classroom in about 12 years, I've finally received my GED, baby. I mean granted I never needed it, and was kind of mandated by the law to get it, it still feels pretty cool. Like graduating High School at 27 and only having spent maybe 3 full days at one when I was younger, lol.

:D:rock::jam::beerchug:

Cheers,

h2o

OnlineRender
12-30-2009, 03:07 PM
That's cool sh!t dude . better than a kick in the nuts !

shrox
12-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Good job. I am a drop out myself. Still, I made it to art director at Sega.

h2oStudios
12-30-2009, 03:33 PM
That's cool sh!t dude . better than a kick in the nuts !

Yessir! :thumbsup:

Good job. I am a drop out myself. Still, I made it to art director at Sega.

Yeah I know what you mean, I was never asked whether I had a diploma to get a job or a gig. Thanks, dude.

Rabbitpenny
12-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Congratulations. I've always hated the phrase; "He's not college material."...As if a person is a servant to school. Excuse me, school is (or should be) servant to the individual. The proper phrase is, "This particular school doesn't offer him anything useful."

That's true for a lot of individuals and a lot of schools.

Off my soapbox. Again congratulations.

geothefaust
12-30-2009, 03:50 PM
Congrats man! That's good news. :)

I too am a GED person... Quit HS, got my GED and enlisted into the Army at age 17, years ago.

Glad you did it, it's a great achievement.

KurtF
12-30-2009, 03:54 PM
It's an achievement. However you or anyone else feels about it, it's yours. You earned it and nobody can say otherwise or take it away.

Congrats.

Andrewstopheles
12-30-2009, 04:52 PM
hey congratulations

hrgiger
12-30-2009, 05:19 PM
Better late then never. Congrats. Now you don't have to walk around feeling like you forgot something all the time or that somethings missing.

COBRASoft
12-30-2009, 06:10 PM
I know that feeling perfectly. I only went to the very first hour of the 3 years bachelor informatics. For the rest I had fun playing cards (Magic The Gethering anyone :)), ping pong and table soccer. And yes, my examinations I had to go too. I never went after my diploma until I had to from the Belgian government when I started my own company...

Congrats nevertheless :)

h2oStudios
12-31-2009, 10:02 AM
Thanks for all the love guys, HAPPY NEW YEAR.

UnCommonGrafx
12-31-2009, 10:30 AM
I gotta chime in here...

Congratulations. I believe you've shown something a lot of us (hurumph, formal, licensed teachers) don't like to realize as the future: education can be accomplished without us.

I'm quite fortunate in what it is that I've been willing to learn and have lots more to offer but I tell ya... 7th-HS leaves quite a bit to be desired if you aren't in an "AP" or "Honors" program. Ha! I teach tech so I get to stay on the cutting edge; academics, however, don't change, and haven't, for years. It's all already "public domain".

Enough; save the rest for a class. haha.

Mr. Water, well done and kudos to you.

IMI
12-31-2009, 11:07 AM
Hey congrats man!
I used to tutor people for that years ago,and it was always rewarding to see them follow through with it and pass. :)

CGI Addict
12-31-2009, 11:42 AM
Yes, congrats! Now let the partying begin!

h2oStudios
12-31-2009, 11:45 AM
Right on!!! Getting tanked tonight, I don't drive so it doesn't matter, lol. I already got a start on some people, lol. CHHEEERRRS!!!!