octopus2000
12-30-2009, 03:53 AM
it's time that layout get multiple layers

evenflcw
12-30-2009, 09:53 AM
Layers? Layers how? Layers of what?

VonBon
12-30-2009, 02:44 PM
maybe could have different timelines in each layer for objects and items.
could be a quick way to hide things or work areas by grouping in layers.

KurtF
12-31-2009, 05:57 PM
Does Lightwave have the capability to save named groups of objects as sets? This would allow great flexibility for manipulating your groups.

If not - Feature Request.

octopus2000
01-01-2010, 07:32 AM
i like the feature in modeler where you get to click on layers that you want to see at the top right corner. if this feature was in layout, you can quickly make certain parts of the scene appear with convenience by just clicking a layers tab on the top right corner of layout.

sampei
01-01-2010, 10:40 AM
not sure exactly what you mean with having layers in layout, but you can already quickly hide/unhide objects in the scene editor..

geothefaust
01-01-2010, 11:43 PM
Why did you start two threads on the same topic? Your answer lies within your FIRST post on this topic...

Again, for your amusement and reference for the future:

Modeler layer = Object
Layout object = Layer

What you're asking for already exists.

Sensei
01-03-2010, 11:22 PM
i like the feature in modeler where you get to click on layers that you want to see at the top right corner. if this feature was in layout, you can quickly make certain parts of the scene appear with convenience by just clicking a layers tab on the top right corner of layout.

You can do it in Scene Editor. Visibility flag is in second column. Use "Select child items (recursive)" then click on visibility column and pick up Hidden.

You can make Selection Set, clicking this little button on right side of Current Item name in the main Layout window. Then Selection Set and pick up Create Set.. This window can be keep open all the time on 2nd monitor or large size resolution- this way selecting selection set is one mouse key press down, then hold, hover the one wanted, and release button.

OnlineRender
01-04-2010, 10:59 AM
double dope track would be nice ! or even a dopetrack for each obj , instead of going into graph editor !

UnCommonGrafx
01-04-2010, 03:23 PM
I heard, "layers of animation" as was done in keyframe from years ago.
In that system you could turn on and off layers of animation. Seems the guy that wrote motion mixer also had it hooked into this keyframe system, too. Truly, I would have expected to see incarnations of both of these functions/features in Modo by now Mark Brown, author, went to work for them, as I recall.