PDA

View Full Version : Interface Hard to Read

Riff_Masteroff
12-30-2009, 03:01 AM
In the LWM9.cfg file, can the unselected shortcut text color be changed from white to black, and can the toolbar be widened?

See attached screen grab. Thanks in advance.

Kuzey
12-30-2009, 04:16 AM
I'm not sure about the text colour for shortcuts, but you can change the background colour of the buttons....there are threads on it around here somewhere.

I don't think you can change the width of the toolbar...but you can manually shorten the text so it's not so crowded.

Kuzey

Riff_Masteroff
12-30-2009, 04:24 AM
Thanks Kuzey

What I found out on my own was that the hub has a color properties tab. Of course I disabled it long ago, so it did not work.

What I did was remove the -0 switch . . . darkened the back round colors in the Hub . . . closed it all down . . . and then re-established the -0 switch. Lightwave wrote a new LWHUB9 cfg file with the darkened buttons.

What I really wanted to do is to darken the text color. Might not be possible. But darkening the back round color works OK, I guess.

Kuzey
12-30-2009, 04:31 AM
What happens if you change the whitish colour for "info Area & text" value...looks like that could be it.

Kuzey

Riff_Masteroff
12-30-2009, 04:34 AM
That was my first guess. The "whitish colour" effects a different part of the interface.

Kuzey
12-30-2009, 04:38 AM
Oh well...it was worth a try.

Kuzey

Amurrell
12-30-2009, 08:56 AM
There is nothing that allows you to change the color of the text in your menus or be able to customize the menus beyond the HUB, or perhaps the actual code. The only effects that are available are the BG colors of the buttons and menus and the info area text. It's a bummer, I know, but for now that's the way things work with the 9.x and lower versions as far as I know.

Riff_Masteroff
12-30-2009, 06:11 PM
I did write a short post else wheres on these NT Forums asking for the ability to change white short cut text to black. This is, of course, for newer versions of LightWave.

Thanks for your postings, Kuzey & Amurrell.