PDA

View Full Version : F9 is destroying geometry !

sampei
12-29-2009, 09:40 AM
this is just wrong...here's a picture that should explain what is happening:
http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo198/ONM-Sampei/laycopycopy.png
the first rendered still is an f9 while the last one (from the left) is Fprime. I've been using LW for about an year and this is the first time it has happened to me...any ideas ? I checked the geometry in modeler a thousand times and it seems to be fine...

Rabbitpenny
12-29-2009, 12:37 PM
Judging from my vast experience of doing things wrong in Lightwave, would the problem have to do with non-planer polys in the creases of the flute on the column. To fix...either subpatch object and make errant polys quads, or sub divide errant polys to make them planer. But it's me, so I'm probably wrong.

sampei
12-29-2009, 04:35 PM
Ill try that now Rabbit, thanks for the reply :)

WilliamVaughan
12-29-2009, 07:09 PM
The CLassic Camera handles Nonplanar better then the newer cameras. I saw this from time to time back at the school.

sampei
12-29-2009, 08:06 PM
yeah I got into the (bad???) habit of using perspective all the time (damn its fast) !
anyway I tripled the pesky nonplanar polys and that did the trick thankfully, should have thought of it myself to be honest !
many thanks for the replies gentlemen :beerchug:

Sensei
12-29-2009, 09:55 PM
Before going "tripling way", I would try Merge Points and Unify Polys.. And check out whether there are some n-gons, either 1-2 and >= 5 points per poly.

sampei
12-30-2009, 08:18 AM
Before going "tripling way", I would try Merge Points and Unify Polys.. And check out whether there are some n-gons, either 1-2 and >= 5 points per poly.
yep I did the merge points and the unify polys several times to be sure, as for the Ngons and 1-2 point polys im pretty sure I took them out, I try and always have a quick look at my poly statistics before rendering..
anyway thanks for the tips :thumbsup: