PDA

View Full Version : taking the picture

~DD~Apocalypse
09-03-2003, 05:53 PM
ok this isnt a double post but when im in lightwave how do i actually take the picture of the scene cas i know how to make stuff with the modeler and upload it now but how to i actually... yaknow creat the image that i want to display?
i mean like... not create but.... well yaknow....

evenflcw
09-03-2003, 06:16 PM
ah! you mean render? Well why didn't you say so :D

Press F9 to render the current frame and F10 if you want an animation. First however you should enter Camera properties panel and Render Options panel to make sure all options are in order. In Render Options I would advice you to set the "Render Display" option to Image Viewer (any of the two will do). That way you'll be able to save your image after the render is finished. This is only possible for still, for animations you'll have to look in teh Render Options panel under Output Files to choose format and encoder.

I would also suggest you read through the manual some and maybe check out a few tutorials aswell as the online help.

http://newtek.com/products/lightwave/tutorials/index.html
http://www.newtek.com/freestuff/lwhelp/

hrgiger
09-03-2003, 09:44 PM
Yes, reading the manual is good....

mattclary
09-04-2003, 05:57 AM
Assuming you actually have one. :rolleyes:

~DD~Apocalypse
09-04-2003, 02:24 PM
well noac tually i bought it off my friend b/c he couldnt figure out how to use it. i'll ask him if he has it.
So technically i have a legal version.

UnCommonGrafx
09-04-2003, 02:37 PM
Tell us about your dongle...
Did your friend give you the dongle?
hehe...

~DD~Apocalypse
09-04-2003, 03:10 PM
8-( what is a nasty sounding word... =)

and a dongle is......

Ok wth when i try to render all the things all go back ino the same friggin spot!!!
why is it doing that!!!!!

~DD~Apocalypse
09-04-2003, 03:20 PM
ok nevermind i did sumthing new... READ.
the last page has a topic with a simple explanation on it.

UnCommonGrafx
09-04-2003, 03:26 PM
ROFLMAO!!

Surely you jest...?

Nasty word or not, when it's in it's the best!

~DD~Apocalypse
09-04-2003, 05:34 PM
whene i click render it just dissapears... where does the file go?

UnCommonGrafx
09-04-2003, 05:50 PM
bummer ratz.

Where did you say you were located? That manual your friend has would do well to answering these type of questions.

I just looked and on page 513 it says to look in chapter 3 for options.

riki
09-04-2003, 05:53 PM
You need to specify in the Render Options panel. Then F10 to render out the pix. But there's a lot more to it than that, so worth reading up on.

~DD~Apocalypse
09-04-2003, 05:54 PM
aight i asked him to look it up and it turns out i didnt configure the render options ahaha im so smart =P

riki
09-04-2003, 06:01 PM
~DD~Apocalypse A couple of days ago you posted someones elses work in the Finished Art Gallery, which was maybe a missunderstanding?? Now sounds like your using a cracked version??

retinajoy
09-05-2003, 06:08 AM
Did you give your friend money for your copy of Lightwave? You should have a dongle. That thing you had to plug in the back of your computer. Or does your copy of LW relate to a name of a white powder that some people sniff.

~DD~Apocalypse
09-05-2003, 02:10 PM
he gave it to me on a black disk with a white word lightqave on it and he sold it to me for 50 $.
Im new to modeling, i dont know what the real price would be. he told me 200.
so, i dont think it is a crack.
and the post of the picture was something from our MW clan website that i thought looked reallcool. I thought they all had a signature on them.

UnCommonGrafx
09-05-2003, 02:55 PM
hahahahahaha

You, sir/maam have a piece of crack in your hands. Probably, when the FBI arrives, you should take them to your friend. You know, some people paid over $1800.00 for this program?
Surely, you aren't this naive??!??

Not my job to police but it is my investment I'm protecting. You should go get your money back. Use it; learn it; but don't have paid for it. At least not the way you did.

Did you know they log IP numbers? Changing your name won't change your IP number.

Take a class so we all feel better. Get your folks to buy you an Educational version so that you won't upset them when the G-Men get there.

:cool:
Back to working...

~DD~Apocalypse
09-05-2003, 02:56 PM
Oh my god im SO SORRY!!
i didnt know i'll, delete it right away!!
OMG IM REALLY SORRY!!!!

*mumble* Im gunna kill that stupid bastard *mumble*

Where can i buy the ACTUAL thing.
I like lightwave alot... the fbi is gunna come to my house??
Eww

what sould i do??

Dodgy
09-05-2003, 03:45 PM
Well you can look here:

http://www.newtek.com/buynow/lw_products.html

LW from new costs $1595 (and you get DFX+ thrown in too!), but there's a forum for trading old copies of LW if you can't stretch quite that far. Have a look on there and then upgrade them. NT will do license transfers.

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=54

You can also get an educational license for $395 if you have proof you're a student.

http://www2.journeyed.com/cgi-bin/sgsh0101.exe?SKW=ntspecial&FNM=21&UID=2003090516531699&GEN8=NEWTEK&GEN9=routey20.pro

~DD~Apocalypse
09-05-2003, 03:54 PM
phew, thats alot. im only 14.
i guess i'll be saving up for awhile...
lets see... i got about 130 now =D

HEY i qualify for the student discount YAY!!!!
=D
400 woohoo

Dodgy
09-05-2003, 04:08 PM
Sorry I just edited my post :) See you're a lot closer than you thought :)

Anyway, if you don't want to spend that kind of cash just yet, have a look below!

http://www.newtek.com/discovery.html

NT will send you a free trial version of our favourite package. It has some limitations on it but you get to save objects up to 200 points and you can play with all the features and find out if you like 3d.

The best thing to do is look at 3d magazines, and search on the internet, there a a few good free (or low price) packages out there for you which come around on cover disks or can be downloaded. I know a full version (with render limitations of 600x400) of cinema 4d version 6 is out on 3dworld and Computer Arts this month, so that's worth checking out. Also try :

http://www.blender.org

A free downloadable 3d package, that'll get you up to speed.

http://www.alias.com/eng/products-services/maya/maya_ple/index.shtml

Also available is Maya ple. Vesion 5 isn't out just yet from what I can see, but 4.5 has been on some coverdisks, and it's a fully functioning version of the software used to do a lot of feature films.

As you can see there's a lot to choose from for a man on a budget, so you can get right in there and make 60 ft robots :)

UnCommonGrafx
09-05-2003, 05:13 PM
Sometimes, humor is the best way to handle things. Sarcasm falls into that, or so they told me when I was younger.
:D
Now, go mow some yards so you can have this toy to play with. :eek: It'll be well worth it. I wish I had 3D and a computer to play with at your age.
(Too bad you can't see the envy in my green face! Heck, you do 3D... just visualize it!)

Good luck, Young One. Get the discovery edition and learn lots more!

~DD~Apocalypse
09-05-2003, 05:21 PM
*big smile*

60 foot robots... Mwahahaha

sounds good man, thx for the options dude... =)

[EDIT] well i ordered it, i cant wait.
=D
BTW
i called the kid, and told him that the FBI was tracking him at this minute and that at 9:00 PM EST tonight they would be at his house and arrest him...
He looked like he was going to puke =)

EHEHEHEH i love doing that =)

lol i had no idea u were joking LOL.

UnCommonGrafx
09-05-2003, 06:16 PM
My wife pointed out:
How could you see him if you were on the phone? (She's the mistress of continuity.)

I've heard of it happening, yes. And they collect IP address' here such that they could track you down....

But you truly made me laugh out loud!

~DD~Apocalypse
09-05-2003, 06:28 PM
He lives next door to me.
Im in house # 323 and he is in 301 across the street, when i went over to give him his sh*t back.

Lol