PDA

View Full Version : Export obj problem

3Djapanese
12-25-2009, 09:51 AM
Hi ,

I model objects in LW and export them in obj to 3dsMax ..I ecnountered a problem that if the mesh is not subpatched there is problem when renedering some strange light bug ..anyone know what is that cause from ?
I try it on a simple box you can see the results here on two boxes one is subpatched one is only 6 side simple box..

You can see it on the attachhment . two of the boxes are subpatched boxes and tow are just cubes no subpatched black plane is also LW no subpatched plane..
THanks

Kuzey
12-25-2009, 01:03 PM
Just a guess...try turning smoothing off in the surface editor for the non subpatched boxes.

Kuzey

Sensei
12-25-2009, 01:11 PM
Open .obj in text editor- if it will have lines "vn" this means that vector normals were saved. It probably used just one vertex normal per vertex (in quad poly, one vertex can be used even by 4 polygons-> one vn per point will have average of all polygon normals), so on cube they're smoothed like it would be f.e. sphere. Kuzey is right- turning off smoothing should make that vertex normal will be not saved at all or pointing in one direction, equal to polygon normal vector.