PDA

View Full Version : Spider Mech

Capel
02-26-2003, 09:20 PM
I posted this guy a long while ago. Finally got him rigged and animated. i'd post the anim if i knew how. Just thought id post a wider shot. Any comment and suggestions are more than appreciated! Thanks.

oxyg3n
02-27-2003, 01:52 AM
That reminds me of one of the toys from Toy Story 1. The image is really dark on my monitor and might look better if it was brightened up.

I have noticed this in a lot of renders. I think that you should work more on the lighting that way you can show off the detail of your 3d model better!

Zombat
02-27-2003, 05:53 AM
Actually, the darkness could be just a problem with your monitor's gamma. I'm viewing it fine, though I've had such problems with other computers (especially PC's) when the lights in the scene were at 100%.

-

While the glass looks supercool, the face looks... hate to be brutal, but it looks terrible. The fact that it only has one color skin really degrades from the quality of the image. Personally I'd like to see some sort of robotic head, that goes along with the theme portrayed by the legs.

oxyg3n
02-27-2003, 02:55 PM
Yeah,

I have a problem a lot with images looking dark, can you tell me where I go to adjust my gamma??

Thanks

oxyg3n
02-27-2003, 03:48 PM
Hello Again,

I found my gamma settings for my video card, thanks for the suggestion. I have wondered why my monitor seems so dark even with the brightness turned all the way up. now I know.

Zombat
02-27-2003, 04:09 PM
Yeah. It happened to me all the time at another webboard, before I bought my new computer