PDA

View Full Version : Star object appears flat when cam rotates?!?

Johnny
12-24-2009, 01:38 PM
I have a scene which uses 2 star spheres..I'm using two because that's how I got my sense of near stars/far stars...their nulls sit at the same spot and it seems to work pretty well...

...except that now that I want to have the camera look around in space, the stars appear to be on a flat board, rather than spherical in their arrangement, which I believe they are...in modeler and in layout, I see what looks like a big cloud of them, arranged in a sphere...

why does it look like the stars are flat to the camera when it rotates within them?

thank you!

J

wayne1 huffman
12-28-2009, 11:33 AM
What is the focal length of your camera lens? A long telephoto might make things look flat.

Johnny
12-28-2009, 04:04 PM
What is the focal length of your camera lens? A long telephoto might make things look flat.

d'oh!

that's right...I have been working with an unusually long telephoto on purpose, because I wanted to have some control over what the camera saw...

I'll have to dial it back and see if that remedies things.

thank you! as soon as you mentioned it, I realized that's prbly the culprit, but I've been working with this scene and distorted cams for some weeks now...the distorted focal length has become "normal" for me.

J