PDA

View Full Version : 3Play displays same shot on all 3 outs

bob anderson
12-21-2009, 12:59 PM
We just got back from dealer training, and was installing a NewTek project on both of my demo 3Plays. On one of them it worked fine, but the other shows the camera one shot on all 3 outputs, even though it IS a 3 in 3 out project. Is there a way you can mess something up in the show directory and force a 3 out project onto 1 out mode?

Bob Anderson

SBowie
12-21-2009, 04:27 PM
These are demo projects, Bob? I haven't seen such, but it's possible a single input was split for test/demo purposes, resulting in 3 identical streams.

Zane Condren
12-21-2009, 05:33 PM
Bob email me off list for instructions on how to fix this.

bob anderson
12-23-2009, 05:56 PM
Steve: No... these are projects I got from NewTek, and they are 3 out. I've done what Zane suggested off line, but it didn't work. I have 2 different 3Play units displaying the same problem. The footage is DEFINITELY 3 cameras, and the display says it's 3-out, but with 2 different projects, and 2 different 3Plays, it only displays the camera one shot out all 3 outputs. Zane's suggestion involved creating a good working 3 out "NewTek Format" file.

Could someone please post, or e-mail me a known good working 3 out NewTek Format file? It will be in your d:/show/name of project directory. The project doesn't matter, as long as it is 3 out, and it works. The file in one line of text as far as I can tell, so it should be no big deal to post/mail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Bob Anderson
[email protected]

Zane Condren
12-23-2009, 06:48 PM
If you create a new 3 out session and record a few seconds of 3 sources do they play out properly.

bob anderson
12-24-2009, 11:58 AM
I will try that Zane. Thanks for the tip. BTW: I loaded the green screen project onto yet another ( this makes 3 ) 3Play, and it works fine. I'll hook the last one back up and try recording in the new project.

I'll post results in a bit.

Bob Anderson

bob anderson
12-24-2009, 01:02 PM
Ok... Even when recording, with different inputs in 3 out mode, the 3Plays ONLY output input 1. Here's how I have it wired:

3 1080i cameras run component into the 3Play.
3 outs SDI into TCXD300.

I can switch inputs on the 3Play, and it appears to be behaving correctly. The main monitor changes sources etc, BUT the 3Play will only pass Input 1 video out all 3 outs. It's not even showing the selected input. This is happening on 2 3Plays here in the shop, as well as one that's being sent back to NewTek.

I know (assume) I'm not insane, because I tried a 4th unit, and it works perfectly, and another one played the same projects in 3 out mode, although that system had another problem.

Anyone have any guesses?

Bob Anderson