PDA

View Full Version : Help

rebelnodie
12-17-2009, 12:50 PM
We are extremely new to Lightwave Modeler 9.6 and are having a hard time even beginning to use the program. Do any of you suggest any easy templates to follow to just start getting the feel of the program. I have been all over the internet and everything seems very greek to a new user. Thanks so much for your help. K:help:

Svenart
12-17-2009, 01:22 PM
maybe this is the wrong forum to ask. This forum is for scripting related questions. However, what are you interested in? Organic or anorganic modelling or texturing?

kosmodave
12-17-2009, 02:09 PM
You can't go wrong with the 24hrs of free tutorials that Proton produced, which are available here;

http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/training.php

On the Lightwave home page. They will help you learn a lot of good stuff and are direct and to the point. :thumbsup:

Also try some books like "Essential Lightwave v9" or the the "Inside Lightwave" series of books by Dan Ablan all very good resources.

Don't expect to learn a complex program like Lightwave overnight, People spend years just learning one aspect of the program. I reckon I probably never will learn all of it but am enjoying the journey never the less. Good Luck and welcome.

Dave.