PDA

View Full Version : Caprica

shrox
12-15-2009, 09:47 PM
Very good show, so who here worked on it?

Intuition
12-16-2009, 01:12 AM
I worked on it. I did the U-87 shots near the end where it stands up on the table (camera pan around) and the few shots where its looking in the mirror and from the side.

Also a couple of shots with the rolling droid in the house. We were doing BSG season 4 and the Virtuality pilot at the same time.

OnlineRender
12-16-2009, 01:18 AM
I worked on it. I did the U-87 shots near the end where it stands up on the table (camera pan around) and the few shots where its looking in the mirror and from the side.

Also a couple of shots with the rolling droid in the house. We were doing BSG season 4 and the Virtuality pilot at the same time.

:rock:

Intuition
12-16-2009, 02:13 AM
Lots of other guys worked on the shows as well but they don't ever surf the web much less post so you may never hear from them.

Pierre Drolet, Kyle Toucher, Sean Jackson, Jesse Toves, Mike Davidson, Jim May, Manny Choi, "Mojo" Adam Liebowitz, Rob Bonchune, and a few others whose names I will add to this list soon. I need to get into my old emails. I am forgetting the compositors. Gary Hutzel, Doug Drexler, and David Takemura on Supervisor staff as well as some shots too.

OnlineRender
12-16-2009, 02:18 AM
Lots of other guys worked on the shows as well but they don't ever surf the web much less post so you may never hear from them.

Pierre Drolet, Kyle Toucher, Sean Jackson, Jesse Toves, Mike Davidson, Jim May, Manny Choi, "Mojo" Adam Liebowitz, Rob Bonchune, and a few others whose names I will add to this list soon. I need to get into my old emails. I am forgetting the compositors. Gary Hutzel, Doug Drexler, and David Takemura on Supervisor staff as well as some shots too.

Well please say from me too them ..................... :rock:

Intuition
12-16-2009, 04:18 PM
I will tell them :rock: for you.

They got me a BSG crew jacket that I never picked up so I am having lunch with the old crew at Universal this Friday to catch up and grab a nifty jacket.

They are still working on Caprica (series) I believe and some other secret stuff.

shrox
12-16-2009, 05:00 PM
I will tell them :rock: for you.

They got me a BSG crew jacket that I never picked up so I am having lunch with the old crew at Universal this Friday to catch up and grab a nifty jacket.

They are still working on Caprica (series) I believe and some other secret stuff.

Oh oh, me me me! Can't I just build one ship for the show? I have a hanger full of ships as well.

jasonwestmas
01-07-2010, 12:08 PM
So I watched the Pilot of Caprica today not knowing that it's a prequil to the whole BSG story. It was pretty good but I already feel like I know the whole story because I know what a Cylon and BSG is about. I hope I get pleasantly surprised because it is interesting and I really feel the characters.

jasonwestmas
01-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Well... we're being introduced to all new characters and as they say... the devil is in the details. I think the details on HOW everything happened will be very interesting. Yes, we know the ending, but we really don't KNOW the beginning. I'm hoping for a pleasant and interesting ride. :thumbsup:

Yeah I think I'll like it, but if I already know the basic plot it's just another soap opera. Kind of like those greek myth stories that keep getting retold in different ways on syfy. I like the characters' emotions and acting occasionally but it somehow feels watered down and meaningless after a while to do that. I love to be proven wrong when I'm in doubt though so in that case I will watch in hopes to be pleasantly surprised. This is the same reason I buy video games occasionally too, to hopefully be surprised about how interesting and exciting something is. There is always a chance of that happening.

Intuition
01-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Oh oh, me me me! Can't I just build one ship for the show? I have a hanger full of ships as well.

Heh, I remember. I used a couple of your vehicles in "The Mars Underground" back in 2003-2004.

One was the solar panel space station array. Another one was an off road vehicle we added an extra set of wheels to. A couple of buildings too if I remember.

Oh, Caprica folks are hard at work on the show. I got to see some neat stuff.... can't say though... NDA an all. ;)

Did you ever send your demo reel over there Shrox?

Edit---

Heh they have Mars Underground on You Tube now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3REZZWeWcU

I remember being really proud of that opening landing sequence when I first completed it. Now it feels really dated. Heh. ;D

shrox
01-07-2010, 08:16 PM
...I remember being really proud of that opening landing sequence when I first completed it. Now it feels really dated. Heh...

I can totally relate, just the addition of radiosity makes such a difference.

GandB
01-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Does anyone know when the series will begin officially on SyFy? I've already watched the initial movie/show.

GandB
01-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Sweet; thanks. I'll have to program the DVR!

shrox
02-07-2010, 09:11 AM
At least there are border collies on Caprica.

jasonwestmas
02-07-2010, 09:42 AM
And a brand new way to curse that is seemingly unoffensive, lol. ;)

shrox
02-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Best misunderstanding about an overheard topic ever....

"Frak Caprica.... Wasn't he the "It's a Wonderful Life" guy?"

cresshead
02-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Heh, I remember. I used a couple of your vehicles in "The Mars Underground" back in 2003-2004.

One was the solar panel space station array. Another one was an off road vehicle we added an extra set of wheels to. A couple of buildings too if I remember.

Oh, Caprica folks are hard at work on the show. I got to see some neat stuff.... can't say though... NDA an all. ;)

Did you ever send your demo reel over there Shrox?

Edit---

Heh they have Mars Underground on You Tube now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3REZZWeWcU

I remember being really proud of that opening landing sequence when I first completed it. Now it feels really dated. Heh. ;D

nevr saw that show in the u.k. so just watched it
great stuff!

we should be on mars by now!:D