PDA

View Full Version : Chuck: Would u guys consider a Yourmaclife net radio interview?

Ade
09-03-2003, 04:19 AM
www.yourmaclife.com

Last week they featured Maxxon about their commitment to optimising for the g5. I would love it if my fav company was interviewed and spoke about LW 8 and the mac communitym, the show is live and listeners can irc questions to Chuck.

The maxxon talk was very positive, it outlayed their goals and commitments in the mac community and Im sure Newtek could only gain if it tried it. Alot of mac users think C4d is to mac as 3ds is to pc. This can soo easily be changed.

If you guys did decide to go on, you could create a post and ask us the top 5 most wanted questions answered.

Chuck
09-04-2003, 08:55 AM
I'll definitely bring this up to our LW team, and see where things go...

I should point out there are folks here who would be much more appropriate than me as the interviewee, though...

Ade
09-04-2003, 09:07 AM
Cool... This ties in perfect because:

LW8 soon to be released
G5 is out
Advertise the fact there is a current LW7.5 deal.

I have an idea (uhh ohh), NT could think up a deal for mac lightwave users who buy Lightwave now and get a "?" free for a short time now.. (we cant use DFX)

skippy
09-04-2003, 09:58 AM
I listened to the broadcast last night..talk about great publicity among the Mac Community...the host talked about how people were downloading the C4D demo during the show.. The Maxon guy not only talked about OSX issues, but about how great Cinema is.

Seems like a great opportunity, especially to grab people new to 3D...they might think that the only 3D package they hear talked about is the best or only one they ought to investigate.

S

battery555
09-04-2003, 06:31 PM
I second that Ade, a deal for the mac user. I'm most certain to upgarde my 7.5 to 8 if that is the case. meanwhile i'm still at the "look see" state.

Ade
09-04-2003, 08:46 PM
Lightwave should alone be able to switch C4d ppl over with its far more robust and quicker rendering engine and LW8 new animation features.
Not many mac ppl would know that.

Luxxology will soon broadcast on YML, lets beat em to teh punch!

YML radio would be a perfect opportunity to get the message out, its listeners are broad. All I say is though if you do decide to broadcast make sure the sevrer can tolerate a hit number of downloads for the demo.

Its perfect timing, LW8 is almost out and what more but to talk about its features, man the mac community will spread the word liek crazy.

Hope this can happen.