PDA

View Full Version : 3play start screen without font

matthias-web
12-13-2009, 06:54 AM
Hi everybody,

I have the following problem:
After succesfull day of using 3Play we had a power cut shortly before windows finished shutting down... :-(

Of course I restarted to see if the system was still ok.
But unfortunately at the start screen of 3Play (after starting Windows, where you select the new session, open/backup/restore old sessions, defrag the disk, etc.) all fonts are missing now.

It is still possible to navigate with the icons. Running a new session or open an old session "blind" is working and then the 3Play itself is normal.

Windows has normal fonts.
3Play itself has fonts.
Only the start menu of 3Play is completly without fonts.

Using windows system restore did not help.
Any chance I can repair it myself, or do I need to give the system back to support? :help:

Many thanks for any suggestions!

With best regards,
Matthias (this time from Tokyo)

SBowie
12-13-2009, 07:43 AM
You might get away with fixing the font issue, but for me personally I think I'd probably worry about other possibly unseen issues popping up at the worst possible moment. Thus I'd lean to a full system restore (as opposed to a Windows system restore). The 3Play manual describes the process ... but you might want to talk to tech support before taking the plunge to see if there's a simpler alternative that might suffice.

matthias-web
12-13-2009, 08:17 AM
...Thus I'd lean to a full system restore (as opposed to a Windows system restore). The 3Play manual describes the process ...

Thanks for quick answer!

I tried the full system restore. But oddly enough the system don't let me do it:
- After pressing F8 several times immediately after powering up and before Windows launches - I see first a blue window on black screen with "Please select boot device" and as only option "RAID:Intel 3Play"
- after selecting this option (even when pressing F8 several times now again) I see the black boot option screen only for a fraction of a second
- then windows is booting automatically -not letting me any chance to select the "Return to OS choices menu" option.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Matthias

SBowie
12-13-2009, 08:34 AM
No, I'm sorry - it should work as described, but there are some early systems out there, and I don' know all the secret handshakes. :(

The good news is that Tech support runs 7 days a week - I'd call or email them asap.

matthias-web
12-13-2009, 11:07 AM
Hi!

I could restore my 3Play finally.

Here is a description in case anyone will have the same problem
(of course this works only if you can start windows normally like I could):

- Click the Vista Button
- type in the "Start Search" field: msconfig
- select "Boot"
- select "Restore 3Play (C:\Windows)"
- press button "select as default"
- press "ok"

Windows will be restarted and you get finally in the menu where you can restore the 3Play system. :thumbsup:

-----
Now you will have to register 3Play again. Mine got a new Produkt ID and the online registration said "This Serial Number has already been registered". At least you have now 60 days to solve THAT problem...
NOTE: solved as well this situation: I have put the solution into a new thread in order that it will be more easy to find.
Please go here: http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?p=959782#post959782

bob anderson
12-21-2009, 04:51 PM
It also seems that the restore doesn't turn on the network drivers or something. When ever I restore a 3Play, windows boots and asks to re-register. Clicking on the register online option, it says there is no network set up, even though I've got a green light on the net port. I have to phone in to re-register windows. After that... the machine goes right on the net without issue.

Bob Anderson