PDA

View Full Version : I could be a Neilson TV family!

shrox
12-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Too bad I don't own a TV...they did include $2 cash in the mailer though. I would probably dis most shows I rated anyway. The only shows I watch online are FlashForward, V, SGU and Fox's animation Sunday line-up. For news it's BBC and NPR, all online. Oh, and Coast To Coast AM, I miss Art Bell. George Noory is just so gullible.

androidmaker
12-12-2009, 11:26 AM
did you know that winamp has a best of art bell station? just go to the shoutcast radio and search for art bell.

shrox
12-12-2009, 11:44 AM
did you know that winamp has a best of art bell station? just go to the shoutcast radio and search for art bell.

Yes, they also play past Art Bell shows on Coast To Coast AM, and he does Saturday nights occasionally too.

Noory is just too ready to agree and doesn't have the skeptical edge that Art has. Noory will say "could be true" when Art would say "you're an idiot" and move on to the next caller.

SBowie
12-12-2009, 12:14 PM
I would probably dis most shows I rated anywayIt doesn't really work like that (been there, done that). They don't ask your opinion at all. You just wear a pager-sized device that monitors your viewing (and listening) habits. The results are uploaded daily when you put the device in the charging stand at night.

shrox
12-12-2009, 02:09 PM
It doesn't really work like that (been there, done that). They don't ask your opinion at all. You just wear a pager-sized device that monitors your viewing (and listening) habits. The results are uploaded daily when you put the device in the charging stand at night.

Did you get $2?

Tzan
12-12-2009, 03:59 PM
I have 7 crisp dollar bills on my desk, next to my monitor.
I got them as a bribe for various things like answering polls or in a box of cereal as a prize.

I've been collecting them for maybe 10 years now.

I marked 3 of the bills "Arbitron" which is a rating service. 2 of those I also dated 10/20/08. So the other must have come before.

I have never done as asked, I'm a rebel. :)

SBowie
12-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Did you get $2?Yeah, something like that, forget the exact details. They send you a few bucks every month, too, basically to encourage you to wear the gizmo, but I seriously doubt anyone does it for the money. I was just interested in the process, and maybe a tiny share in representing my own taste in programming, for whatever that might be worth.

OnlineRender
12-12-2009, 05:01 PM
wtf do you not have a tv , thought you worked in media ..............:P

shrox
12-12-2009, 05:32 PM
wtf do you not have a tv , thought you worked in media ..............:P

No need for a TV, I get free WiFi where I live, and there is nothing on cable or satellite I want to pay for, so It's all I need. Most networks have their programs available the next day on line.

biliousfrog
12-14-2009, 07:36 AM
bidibidibidi...what's up Jackwood?