PDA

View Full Version : ok im a an idiot

neilp
12-12-2009, 05:14 AM
ok so here is my predicament, Im an architectural visualiser and in a meeting with a client discussing his requirements, at the end of the meeting he ad libs abd asks "my sons got a project for high school and would like a 3d rotating animation of a table footballer for his presentation - can you help him out" I say "no trouble at all it'll be dead easy and a bit of fun" (not expecting anything to come of it of course! anyway later in the day he e-mails me a jpeg of said footballer! truth is with architecture it's all cubes and straight lines so ive never undertaken any freeform stuff before. So here i am after letting my mouth go and no idea of how to model the attached. Im ok to animate it but like I said im an idiot and have no idea of how to model or texture him, can anybody help me out and save my grace from an embarrassing outcome please, please help me out!

JeffrySG
12-12-2009, 09:23 AM
Honestly what I would try to do is just approximate the shape with a bunch of rounded cubes and spheres. It doesn't need to be super accurate. The texturing will make or break it. Don't worry about booleaning the objects either. Just overlap them. This can be a real quick way to get a shape out. Then you can uv map them all together or planar map the textures on, etc.

Jockomo
12-12-2009, 10:08 AM
The whole footballer thing was a test. He wanted to see how easy it would be to add things to the job at the last minute without it costing him more. You failed.

The correct answer was: " Sure, that would be no problem. And now that you mention it I have this cat and it craps all over the place, would you mind stopping by to clean the litterbox? Thanks I'd appreciate it".