PDA

View Full Version : character animation tools needed

richd
12-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Looks like everyones excited about the potential of core. But we also need a great animation system, autoriggers, stuff that makes character animation easy and a pleasure to do. I feel this aspect is sorely missed in previous versions of lightwave and that's why other packages have gotten more useability than lightwave. Lightwave's modeller is great, renderer is great, its just the animation or meat in the sandwich that needs a makeover urgently.
Hopefully the gurus at lightwave core will recognise this as a weakness and give us some amazing ca tools and workflows .

SERHELL
12-12-2009, 10:51 AM
I agree, I think from the moment the priority should be a good sistem of animation, and animation for characters. that's my dream

Please!!

http://www.cosasdeperro.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/perro-rezando.jpg

Dodgy
12-12-2009, 07:58 PM
If you have a rig already set up, which used skelegons for bone placement (or know how to use the http://www.dstorm.co.jp/english/plugin/bone.htm#LoadBones plugin) then you can copy those skelgons to another character mesh and swap the mesh into the rigged scene and use my plugin Update bones to move all the bones to the new character's skelegons positions. I use it all the time to adapt one rig to fit another character.

richd
12-13-2009, 12:43 AM
hi Dodgy I use maestro sometimes with the rig replacements and that seems to work well too.
I totally agree,with Serhell quote " I think from the moment the priority should be a good system of animation, and animation for characters. "
Personally I think newtek is being pathetic , and should get a grip on it . Check out the job oportunites that are being offered,using lightwave in the larger studios it's not impressive, this reflects the ability or inability for a software to do the job. Character animation is a huge component of the market, to be a non player is cutting your own throat. Which animation system do you want one with biped easy rigging or one without.
Do yourself a favor listen to your artists, we want to use core it looks cool . but we don't wanna spend three days riggin each character. This is a great opportunites for core to get back into the game with the big players give us the tools... Please...Please
Let's beat Autodesk and be no.1

Dodgy
12-13-2009, 03:21 AM
Now you made me regret helping you.

Personally I think newtek is being pathetic , and should get a grip on it

Do you really think this is a good way to talk about the hard working devs, who are at this moment working on a brand new package, with entirely new code, trying to make something which is much more powerful and up to date?

richd
12-15-2009, 01:48 AM
Pathetic was a bit too strong, and I do apologise for that comment. I'm passionate about animation and I like Lightwave, but I really can't handle the idea of core coming out with no new cool animation system.That does not make good sense to me.

VonBon
12-30-2009, 03:02 PM
what makes a great animation system? is it just an auto rigger? :D

post what specificly should be done to improve it.

i know alot disagree but i still think skelegons and IKBoost are good ideas.

OnlineRender
12-30-2009, 03:45 PM
CA can be done and very well/fluent with LW , and it dosn't take 3 days to rig " unless your a complete noobie " ,I don't get alot of people who think this?? , look at rebelhills tuts , that's one of the most complex rigs your going to get "on any app" .LW can do just about anything any other can , It maybe the use of a pluggin or script or even just busting open LW guts to find another method to achive the same results , granted it has flaws and some key elements are missing "lets not get into namming them " bit its a powerful ,competive app ...even more so than Core , because atm Core is a shell waiting to be completed . . . .. .
Hmmm

Peace