PDA

View Full Version : Building in a Audio limiter

marcelcools
12-10-2009, 03:36 AM
A problem now is peaking audio. With a audiomixer you could put on a limiter. Its better to build in this function in the Tricaster...

Greetz

Marcel Cools

ted
12-10-2009, 08:18 PM
I think that is a good feature request.

radams
12-10-2009, 11:21 PM
I agree...that is just a small tip of the iceberg of audio needs though.

We need a way to control audio in realtime...ie: Controlhead/mixer to map the onscreen faders too...and be able to control not just the faders but pans, eq's etc...

This is something WAY over due...for live production.

I'm not suggesting that NT recreate the wheel..or in this case control heads...but Alesis, Tascam, Mackie, Euphonix, etc...(firewire, usb, or ethernet)

This would be very helpful.

Also the ability to have mix minus and additional routing capabilities.

Cheers,

Quiet1onTheSet
12-18-2009, 11:36 AM
I think that is a good feature request.

I firmly believe that a LIMITER function -- that's switchable for each of the 4 TriCaster™ external audio inputs would be a real plus, indeed -- especially if the SD TriCaster units do not employ floating-point audio recording (available on VT[4] and VT[5]).

For the record, gang, you can purchase a respectable yet inexpensively priced, small form-factor, outboard audio mixer (note: housed in a plastic cabinet), featuring simplified compression control (for first 2 input channels), in the form of two Yamaha® units priced as follows, at Best Buy Musical Instrument Store (see your local listing for locations) or at American Musical Supply (see link below).

Yamaha MG102c (10 input channels and stereo out, with compressor on first 2 channels, $99.95 USD)
Yamaha MG82CX (8 input channels and stereo out, with compressor on first 2 channels, plus FX processor, $159.95 USD)

Again, both models feature a single rotary pot for simplified compression control on each of the first two audio imputs, while the latter model sports the addition of built-in audio effects processing (Reverb, Delay, Flange, Chorus, etc.).

These units have a decent array of features, which include adjustable EQ (low, mid and hi for channels 1~4; low and hi for the remaining stereo channels), Inserts for first 2 channels, Aux Send/Return, Monitor Out, Stereo (Mix) Out, RCA In/Out and more; Ultimately, we could wish these were battery capable, but for little money, it's difficult to overlook these as an addition to your kit.

http://www.americanmusical.com/ItemSearch--search-Yamaha-Mixer--srcin-1?src=Y0604OV0OVERTURE?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=cpc&OVRAW=yamaha%20mixing%20console&OVKEY=yamaha%20sound%20mixer&OVMTC=advanced&OVADID=46210448522&OVKWID=230469744022 (http://www.americanmusical.com/ItemSearch--search-Yamaha-Mixer--srcin-1?src=Y0604OV0OVERTURE?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=cpc&OVRAW=yamaha%20mixing%20console&OVKEY=yamaha%20sound%20mixer&OVMTC=advanced&OVADID=46210448522&OVKWID=230469744022)

Kind regards,
Q1

PIZAZZ
12-18-2009, 12:55 PM
Great find there. I am going to order one and give it a workout next show.

Good job Peter.

gegetrane
12-18-2009, 09:45 PM
We recently got the MG124c with the simple compressors on the first 4 inputs. Nice.

Gerald

Quiet1onTheSet
12-20-2009, 12:47 PM
Great find there. I am going to order one and give it a workout next show.

Good job Peter.

Thanks, Jef. I'm thinking Gerald's choice, having 4 compressor-aided inputs ought to be a great one to test drive! That's the yamaha MG124c, which I haven't yet seen...