PDA

View Full Version : Problem Seeing Lines in My Hypervoxel Sprites

B_Free
12-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping this is a really obvious fix that I'm just not seeing. As you can see in the images below, I'm getting these lines that look almost like volumetric shadows in the dust cloud of my comet.

I've turned off Self, Cast, and Receive Shadow for the emitter object. I've made sure "Volumetric Lights" is turned off in the Render Globals panel. I also tried turning off the Hyper Texture of the Sprites, but still those little dark streaks remain.

Does anyone have any ideas for how I can get rid of those streaks? All ideas/comments/criticisms/witty remarks are welcome! :)

=====EDIT=====
The "lines" I'm talking about are in the comet cloud, not the line that goes horizontally across the screen - the horizontal one is supposed to be there. (It's the plane of the ecliptic ;) )

B_Free
12-10-2009, 03:52 PM
:question:

Er, um... does this mean that nobody has any ideas what's causing my problem? Or does it mean that nobody's sure exactly what my problem is?

Just in case it's the latter, I'll try and explain my problem better. :)

What I'm trying to get rid of are the dark lines in the cloud of my comet. The lines are circled in red here:

These lines don't show up at all in VIPER.:

Does anybody have any ideas why these lines might be there? Or better yet, how I can not have them not there so that my Rendered Image looks more like what I get in Viper? :confused:
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! :help:

In case they help, here are screenshots of my Hypervoxels Window:

and my Object Properties Window:

dandeentremont
12-10-2009, 04:15 PM
is ray trace shadows on?

B_Free
12-10-2009, 04:25 PM
HEY! That did the trick! :boogiedow

Thank you so much! (Good grief, that really reduces my render time too! Wish I'd realized that before. :D )

Thanks again!

dandeentremont
12-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Apparently you have small bits of geometry causing those lines, which may be long shadows. Even though these are technically volumetric shadows, turning off "Volumetric Lights" wouldn't affect it.