PDA

View Full Version : Vsfx format file. Inject a picture ?

operation
12-08-2009, 09:10 AM
Hi,

Is here a way to inject a picture in the vsfx format file ?
Because LW render 7 times the same picture just to detect Live and FX surface.
Is there a way to inject a a new picture without rendering with lightwave ? a shell tool (command line) or a Vsfx editor.

Of course, I have read that there is only Aura plugin that may help.
I am looking more to find out the source of SVFX format.
Is there a SDK ?

Thanks
Mourad

joseburgos
12-08-2009, 11:01 AM
No there is not a SDK for LiveSet but there is one for LW. No VSFX editor either.
Just because it render 7 times does not mean it is rendering the same thing all 7 times. It does 7 different "layers" of rendering to compile a LiveSet. I am not privy to how or what the plug-in is doing but I would not be going out on a limb saying they are not purposely rendering the frame seven times just because :)

Yes Aura is a lot faster but you have to layout your layers to composite the LiveSet. I have many times created and rendered assists in LW and then comp them in Aura to construct a LiveSet. I would in no way call this is faster and I only do it when the client must have more than two inputs or a shadow (some other stuff as well that LW does not do). Otherwise I use LW.

Take care,

operation
12-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Hi,

thanks for your answer.

But Lw render 7 times the same view ( for each pass, there are masks (white pass) , masks again (black pass), normal pass, etc... ). But the problem, that Lw raytrace all the scene (your geometry + antialiasing) each time. (I know why there is this limitation, why Newtek can't do it faster - it will take time to explain...)

Your scene is rendered 7 times for 1 view wich is wasting time !!! I can't imagine a scene with radiosity....

Newtek should rewrite the plugin, to render the scene one time only and after in post process add the areas of the SVFX and merge all datas in vsfx format.

They must share the Svfx format, so I can write my own exporter....
There is a much better way to do it and faster.

Maybe the guy who write the plugin is not there anymore but if you can give me the source of the Vsfx format I will deal with it. Newtek, you can contact me in private if you are intrested.

ACross
01-31-2010, 08:12 PM
They must share the Svfx format, so I can write my own exporter....
There is a much better way to do it and faster.

Maybe the guy who write the plugin is not there anymore but if you can give me the source of the Vsfx format I will deal with it. Newtek, you can contact me in private if you are intrested.

Mourad,

I wrote the exporter, the renderer and the switcher integration ... and still work here :) The file format for LiveSets is very complicated indeed and is in effect a like JIT compiled code ... as such the effects themselves have a very large impact on their own ability to render in real-time and so making a compiler that generated good reliable well optimized files is no simple task at all.

The need to render each scene 7 times is tied into the fact that we attempt to render all the effects rendered by Lightwave (almost) without restriction so what we do is look for the difference between render passes to detect exactly what is needed and makes for the most efficient subsequent rendering by the rendering enginer inside TriCaster. Things get even more complicated in TCXD300 ...

Andrew

gegetrane
02-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Things get even more complicated in TCXD300 ...

Andrew

Hi Andrew.
Without making any promises, do you have an approximate time frame for the availability of the Lightwave construction tool for the TCXD300 ?
Thank you

Gerald

stoecklem
02-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Just started playing with the xd-300.. pretty amazing. I hope that the plugin will allow to customize the set overlay. and it would be really great to access the two DSK's too. and be able to enable livematte for each. Like in the aura plugin, you can do some cool stuff with custom sets that you can't with the lightwave plugin. and i hope that we won't have to wait too many years before a liveset plugin that works with core. Looking forward to its release