PDA

View Full Version : XP 64Bit Blues

BizZack
12-07-2009, 06:06 PM
First, I lost my WMV render capabilities.
Second, I can't render out multi-layer scenes over 30 seconds in any format without major hassles and multiple renders.
Third, Newtek changed it's mind on truly supporting 64 Bit (Remember Darwin).
Fourth, I lost VT-Edit and it was replaced with SpeedEdit (an Oxymoron if I ever heard one)
Fifth, I never could get Lightwave or Modeler to work from VT(Since 4.0) without crashing.
Sixth, I feel like an idiot any time I deal with Tech Support (sorry guys, but the phone line doesn't work half the time and being on hold for 45 minutes or longer is not cool).
Seventh, VT5 is VERY unstable. 4.6 was bad but this is ridiculous. 10-15 times a day is crazy.

I really liked the concept of Video Toaster, but it is really buggy, not user friendly at all and support has gone from okay to nearly non-existent. I would like to talk with Tech Support and get through these issues, but I feel that I would probably be wasting my time.

BizZack
12-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Oh yeah I forgot to mention the Alpha Button on the Render options. What happened?

bbeanan
12-08-2009, 09:20 AM
sounds like you have a problem with your system... I use 4 or 5 different VT-5 systems one of which I can run non-stop for a 3 days 24 hours a day broadcast with no problems... the only reason I say 3 days is that it is onlt a 3 day even and then we tear it all down. Sounds like you need a good dealer like Jef to take a look at your system it would be well worth your money.

BizZack
12-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Thanks, bbeanan. I have an update on this. I re-installed up through 5.2d and did an auto-config. Then, I discovered my input was changed to Y/C somehow and it should have been on Component. I re-encoded a file and it works fine for now.