PDA

View Full Version : A question about simple skin

HenrikSkoglund
12-07-2009, 08:03 AM
Greetings Lightwavers,

When using the material "simple skin" I often get artefacts in the form of light blue colors in the highlights of the object. This seems to be the result of me using a strong area light to light the object.

This might be a stupid question, but does anyone know of a way to get rid of these artefacts somehow, without changing the properties of the material or changing the power of the area light? With properties I mean changing the epidermis visibility which otherwise seems to help.

Regards,

/Henrik

Skinner3D
12-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Hmmm not quite sure. I had similar problems, but that was when I was trying to put an image on top of a carpaint node. It ended up fixing itself when I got the layer combination right. I.E. multiply, add, subtract, etc
Is that blue color found as any part of the settings for your skin surface?

HenrikSkoglund
12-10-2009, 03:42 AM
No, there's no blue anywhere in the material. In fact, I can use the simple skin material node with it's default settings and still get this artefact with a lot of lightning on. Cranking up the diffuse also makes it more visible.

toby
12-10-2009, 11:32 PM
I've had this before, not sure which sss I was using, either simple skin or sigma2. The highlights or light coming from the backside of the object get tinted with the opposite of the color you chose in the node. Try setting the color to cyan and see if the the artifact starts coming out red. Not sure if anything can be done about it, looks like a bug to me.