PDA

View Full Version : Animating fibers?

Breed47
12-07-2009, 02:39 AM
Im going crazy here. My brain is totally blocked. Ive made a simple sphere. Creatde some guides in modeler and send it to layout. In there I animated the sphere bouncing around. I applied FiberFX through Ctrl+F8. Ok, I got some hair. But how do I make them move as the sphere moves? I tried both with guides and without. Right now its like a bunch of nails sticking out from the sphere.

Thanx!

dalecampbelljr
12-07-2009, 11:51 AM
I am having the same problem? I used StrandMaker after wtching Protons video on creating "curl" on a africian-american women. They look great but as soon as I animate the character the hair doesn't! We could sure use some help on this one.
:help:

bitshift
12-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Hi, Are the modeled strands parented to the animated object? What LW version are you using? Upload a sample scene and Ill take a look at it.
-Jon

Dodgy
12-07-2009, 06:39 PM
Have a look at this...
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showpost.php?p=953637&postcount=40

dalecampbelljr
12-07-2009, 09:24 PM
Hi, Are the modeled strands parented to the animated object? What LW version are you using? Upload a sample scene and Ill take a look at it.
-Jon

Are the modeled strands parented to the animated object? YES

What LW version are you using? 9.6

Where do I upload the scene file?

Breed47
12-08-2009, 12:35 AM
Have a look at this...
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showpost.php?p=953637&postcount=40

It works! But what is AnimSaverHandler? Now I need to figure out how to do realistic motion on the fibers like you had in the file.

I use 9.6 too.And the strands are parented to the sphere.

Thanx!

dalecampbelljr
12-08-2009, 08:08 PM
It works! But what is AnimSaverHandler? Now I need to figure out how to do realistic motion on the fibers like you had in the file.

I use 9.6 too.And the strands are parented to the sphere.

Thanx!

Worked for me as well, BUT my character still doesn't?

Breed47
12-09-2009, 01:46 AM
Did you use FX Hardlink?

dalecampbelljr
12-16-2009, 05:22 PM
I didn't, should I and if yes why?

Dodgy
12-16-2009, 06:20 PM
FXhardlink connects discrete parts of an object with particular faces on a base object. For example, you can make a chain mail coat, and the have just a low res poly model which you add dynamics to. With hardlink, the chain mail will deform to match the low rez object, without deforming the links.

In the case of hairs, you want the base of the hairs to track the head, so you make the head the parent of the hairs, and apply Hardlink to the hairs. You add cloth to the head (hardlink needs an FX scan to work) and set all of the head to fix. Press calc, and you'll see the hairs following the head as it deforms.

They you can add clothFX to the hair, with the hair root as the 'Fix' part, to get dynamics on the hair.